permatex dielectric grease.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those out there who work on thier own Rovers:

Be it going off road or on road, wet or dry, I've been using this product on electrical connectors since the early 80's. It's ok to put too much on, just wipe off the excess and use it on the next connector.

This will aid in:

1: preventing moisture from coroding the contacts.

2: prevents electrolisis in the contacts.

3: provides easy disassembly without much fuss like old dry connectors.

4: seals moisture from terminal surfaces.

5: keeps connectors from being damaged in diassembly.

6: Use on spark plug boots for easier servicing, no more repairing torn boots.

And the best part about this, I don't currently, and never have been affiliated with permatex. In other words, I don't, and never have worked for them.

This is just a product that simply works, and cleans up with regular electrical cleaner. I hope this helps......................

Last edited:

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn't need to be Permatex brand. I've never seen an autoparts store that didn't carry one brand or another.

Chongo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another brand ?

Very good point.
I have tried another brand of dielectric grease here in California. It solidified on me in under six months and the solvents the company used to keep it in a liquid state attacked the plastic connectors. Making the connector useless, and needed to be replaced. I have tried and tested the permatex brand name for over 25 years, and it does work. It doesn’t solidify and there are no solvents in it that soften plastic connectors. Permatex did their homework and made a great product. I can only recommend permatex due to the failure of another brand.
So since you know of other good brand names, please post them so everyone will know what Works well and what doesn’t. I'm sure other people here will want to know other brands in thier area that are good If permatex does not sell in thier area. This will be very helpful.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM