Persistant Suspension Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S

simonharper

My DS3 has just developed a persistent suspension fault. Dealer can clear down systems to remove error but fault re-appears minutes later.

Anyone else had this and know the cure ? Pain as the cars only 10 days old or so.

Thanks

D

discomike

I would give it back to the dealer, asking for a loaner vehicle in it's place until they fix it or have them replace it. This will get the dealer, as well as the factory zone offices attetion and you will be taken care of quickly.
Go for it and let us know how it goes.
Mike J.

S

simonharper

Mike,

Done that ... I have an old (well latest build) Disco II now as no DS3's for loan - only demos. Does feel like an old farm machine compared to the DS3 ;-)

Apologies to Disco II owners, but they are completely different vehicles on the road. Off road I don't know yet. Don't want to start a comparison war here ;-)

Apparently there is a problem with a suspension sensor somewhere and they are working through them with LR. Already done 800 plus miles without fault since 24th Dec - then as soon as I start back at work... Will keep you posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

simonharper

Still no joy with the fix. apparently LR think its something simple... but as its a very complex car the simple is being difficult to find ;-) At least if they fix it there will be a tech sheet out for others to have a quick fix... I guess luck them ;-)

-s

S

simonharper

UK... Shropshire... more green lanes than you can shake a stick at over here :)

D

discomike

So, the reason I was asking was because of the warranty that Rover offers and to see how hard you can lean on them.
In the states, we can forces them to replace the vehicles woth a new one under what is refered to as the lemon law, I don't know if you have that in the UK, or maybe some version of it.
I would sure look into it.
Take care and good luck,
Mike J.

S

simonharper

Thanks Mike. I'll be sure to look into it.

I think we have a similar thing in the UK under the Trading Standards law. If its not fixed by end of day tomorrow I WILL be asking them to replace the car. If a fault cannot be fixed in 2 days on a new car then I will be constantly worrying that it will 'break again' For the price (UK 33K Sterling) I expected far more.

Kinda takes the edge off that new car 'proud to driving it' feeling eh ?

I have had many manufacturers vehicles (BMW, Audi etc) and this so far is the only one to have a fault disabling the car (only 30MPH allowed with this fault). I do 30K miles per year business and I cannot afford to have the DS3 in the dealer being fixed like this.

I've only had it 14 days so far and 3 days in the dealer being looked at. Not sure of the percentage but its pretty cr*p.

We pay WAY over the odds in the UK for cars as it is. In the US you only get HSE's I think and the price is the same as the UK S spec.

Bizarre as the car is built 40 miles from where I live, shipped to the US and then sold for a heck of a lot less elsewhere. I see LR3's on the M40 (freeway) daily on their way to the US and Canada.

Market forces eh ? Gotta love em.

Anyway. enough ranting.

-s

M

mwillems

Quite so... here in Canada I paid C$80k (UKL35k) including all charges and taxes for an HSE with all the trimmings, the petrol V8, etc. So als long as it is reliable I am happy, very happy.

PS of course we earn less than you do, too. :)

S

simonharper

lucky man... would love V8 HSE with all the nice bits added :) but then petrol over here is around C$2 a litre. S'why the Jag based diesel is the one to go for.

And I'm not sure if we have a better income though. Depends on the job you do I guess ;-) and you get better weather too :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635