Phone Mount For LR4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This looks like it would be the ticket, though.

It gets even better because there are so many magnetic/articulating arm/adhesive options that will all work with the Proclip plate. Amazon Basics has one for $9 and I must say I've been pleased with AB products. I even use an AB sling bag for my fairly expensive camera and it's better than a lot of other stuff I've seen. I just don't know if I want to see "Amazon Basics" right in my face every time I slip behind the wheel of my Landy (answer: I don't) but there a a lot of other equally economical options.

I'm way more psyched about this than I should be. o_O

Reaction score
I advise against the CD drive holder. It's needlessly messing upuand blocking the slot.

I don't like in vent as they slip around. I've been using pro-clip in mine and they're great. A little pricey but worth it.

https://www.proclipusa.com/vehicle/dashboard-mounts/land-rover-lr4/2013

I agree about the ProClip. I have it after trying multiple other mounts and I couldn't have been happier. Sturdy, out of the way, holds the phone in place in all driving conditionsand leaves no mark on your vehicle's interior.

pceresia

Reaction score
Simple yet very effective 7F1F17DF-2266-4C5C-900B-90FB9972633B.jpeg 21600FF6-4658-45E7-ABA4-08C0A3A69568.jpeg

Bogwhoppit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use a Ram Mount with the suction cup on the windscreen, the other good thing about this mount is that I can use the phone camera to film the road ahead if something crazy is happening lol:
  • 51i-T8A-vKL._SX38_SY50_CR,0,0,38,50_.jpg
  • 512ufGllckL._SX38_SY50_CR,0,0,38,50_.jpg
  • 41tC71bcPOL._SX38_SY50_CR,0,0,38,50_.jpg
  • 41q%2BTbCZwBL._SX38_SY50_CR,0,0,38,50_.jpg

• 51tuzzeTyLL._SX679_.jpg
Roll over image to zoom in

Ram Mount Composite Twist Lock Suction Cup Mount with Universal X-Grip Cellphone

swoverland

Reaction score
Just as a follow-up on this, I ended up going with the Proclip mount with the adjustable iPhone X with case mount. This works great once installed. The only issues with it I have are that it was a bit fiddly to install (took maybe 15 mins) and, the main one, that once it is installed, you cannot adjust the width of the holder. This is fine if only one type/width of phone goes in the mount, but if you share the care with someone with a different phone, they wouldn't be able to fit their phone in it without getting out a screwdriver to adjust the width. Other than that, I'm happy with it and it's certainly a LOT sturdier than the vent mounted one I was previously using. Thanks again for the suggestion.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is fine if only one type/width of phone goes in the mount, but if you share the car with someone with a different phone, they wouldn't be able to fit their phone in it without getting out a screwdriver to adjust the width.

This is not a bug, it's a feature. It's a deterrent to other people asking if they can drive your Rover.

Glad you're happy with it. If my cheapie magnetic vent mount gives out I'm going with the Proclip + adhesive magnetic mount combo per @iSurfvilano.

double 0

Reaction score
Wanted to contribute what I ended up mounting, using suggestions from this thread and others. I ended up with the Wizgear magnetic sticky mount on the right side of the dash. Blends in naturally with the round shape and my black dash.

I mounted it horizontally to get get better range of motion to the left. The magnet sits between my phone and the case at the bottom of the phone so it sits up higher. The only thing it really blocks is the Mode button which I never use anyway.

I have a 1 ft. charging cord, and the Bovee bluetooth adapter, so cord clutter is tiny. Very clean. Very pleased with how it turned out.
IMG_2381.jpg
IMG_2382.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA