PHX area ZF shop?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmb6s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool pics! And thanks for the backfill on your "adventure"... even if it is a job. :)

As far as your cross-articulation error, I would bet anything that it's a calibration issue. Calibrating only two wheels is definitely a no-no. If you spend 45 mins or so and do the full calibration, I think that error will go away.

I actually experienced a cross-articulation fault when I used adjustable sensor rods and tried to make them all different heights. Basically, I wanted all of my calibration values to be the same (in the low range of what is possible... around 150-160). Unfortunately, the car did NOT like that and despite calibrating the suspension multiple times, I would random get that fault and it would drop me to the bump stops. I finally just made all the rods the same length, so now my calibration values are all over the place, but the car is happy... and calibrated... and fault free (other than my damn parking sensor).

BTW: ZF website says "Cummings Rocky Mountain" in Avondale is the closest ZF service shop to you. Don't know the first thing about them since I'm on the east coast. :) Just out of curiosity, how many miles on the tranny? Has the fluid ever been changed? I haven't heard of very many issues with these transmissions and am just curious.

Last edited:

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mill ave has horse police...i got bit by a horse once.

Yes the dent is right where the upper control arm would hit, the sway bar link was literally just the top half, it was broke off in the middle (still straight) and the bottom was completely gone.

Ironic you are telling me the air strut is **** when you are selling one isnt it?:smile:

Yes Az gets plenty of ice and snow, especially where I work, we also have earthquakes and tornadoes. Not in the Phoenix area though.

The control arm no longer makes contact with the air strut, as I have replaced the sway bar link, and IF land rover says I need a new strut, I will buy you a 30 pack of beer (your choice) and mail it to you, then come up there to show you how to off road. Then buy you more beer, because Houm is probrably pretty mostly right...most of the time.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

I don't know what made me laugh the most, the horse biting you, the idea of you buying me 30 of my favorite beers (which you wouldn't be able to find in AZ anyway) or you showing me how to off-road! That was great.

It actually hadn't occurred to me the connection there between your air strut and mine for sale. Honestly....I forgot I had that listing in the classified. It's more like what happened to you is EXACTLY what happened to me, symptomatically at least, and I didn't want you to waste time like I did throwing parts at it. Fools at the dealership wanted to change the upper control arm, even ordered the part...but Trynian (I believe it was) on this board set me straight just in time, because it happened to HIM too.

....so I guess I was just paying it forward. Only difference here is that when the tech torqued down the replacement end link, it bent. If yours went on straight maybe just maybe something else is happening...but I'd keep an eye on it. The end link doesn't limit the wheel travel, the guts of the air strut do. You state that the control arm no longer makes contact with the air strut...you've tested this with that wheel off the ground, or???

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9