Picking up LR3 HSE-7 Tomorrow! Need some input...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

deanz

I've been lurking on this forum for a week or so (still an admitted "newbie"). I recently pulled the trigger on a late build '05 LR3 HSE-7 with every factory option available (as well as bluetooth and crossbars from the dealer). It was difficult to find an '05 with the options I wanted and a local dealer willing to acquire it from elsewhere. In the end, I was able to negotiate $7,000 off MSRP. This includes free pick-up and drop off from my home for any scheduled or unforseen maintenance (including oil changes at no charge) and a guaranteed LR loaner during the time they have my auto. All of this is written into the sales contract (financing at 5.9% APR).

I do have a few questions (last minute checking/anxiety I guess...):
- Is $7K off MSRP a good deal?
- Is 5.9% APR a good rate?
- Is free pick-up and drop-off customary? It seems that it may not be...
- Is there anything specific that I should be looking out for that may be particular for my late build '05 model at the dealership tomorrow?
- Does anyone have an idea of the resale value of the LR3? Tough to determine, since it's the first year for this model, but can anyone shed some light on what to expect in terms of depreciation of value when compared to comparable SUVs in the marketplace?

So far, my dealer has been outstanding (dealaing witht the sales manager). I will reserve final judgement until at least tomorrow and possibly the first maintenance event. If all goes well, I will highly suggest this dealership to all who are interested. Best experience for me so far in purchasing an automobile.

Thanks in advance to all. This forum is an unbelievable resource.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
- Is $7K off MSRP a good deal? Isn't that obvious? :)
- 5.9% APR isn't that great; if you have excellent credit, you can do better.
- Pick-up & drop-off is not customary. Anything like that is dealer specific; we get no "ass kissing" here. :)
- Not really.
- Resale value of the LR3 won't be great... "legendary" poor quality of Land Rovers, trend to get away from low MPG SUVs, etc. But who knows... as you said, it's tough; LR3 is too new.

Post your "final" deal, and where you are... always good to understand the various markets.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

deanz

Thanks Grommet

I'll post all the particulars once the deal is done.

D

deanz

Grommet - You mentioned better rates for excellent credit, which I was told I have (5.9% is the lowest they've seen in some time at this dealership apparently). What bank, in your experience, offers the best rates? Thanks again.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For example, my credit union offers 4.95% (with automatic transfer -- without it's .5% higher.) 5.9% is not bad... it's just you can do better if you or your dealer digs.

D

deanz

Picked up the car!!!

The deal was exactly as was quoted to me ($7K off MSRP, 5.9% APR, all included maintenance w/ free pick-up and drop off of a guaranteed LR3 replacement).

I took a train from Manhattan (where I work) to the dealership in Milford, CT. The sales manager was waiting at the train station to pick me up and bring to his dealership to get the car. We got the paperwork done in about 10min and he spent the next 45min going over everything in the car with me (patiently answering my, no doubt, inane questions). Unfortunately, the only bluetooth kit that they had in parts was incomplete so they did not install it and they did not have the premium mats that I wanted either. Therefore, they will pick up the car on Wednesday, drop off another LR3, install the mats (they put the rubber mats in for now) and the bluetooth then drop it back off by the end of the day. Wow! If this all takes place as promised - it is really off the charts customer service. I have to say that it was, by far, the best automobile purchasing experience I have ever had.

I dealt with Jeff Townson, the Sales Manager. He's probably the most honest, straight forward guy I've ever met in that industry. If you are even thinking of purchasing an LR in the region, talk to Jeff...tell him Dean sent you.

I then drove the car about 30 miles from Milford to Greenwich (where I live). So far, so good...The car drives great. So sturdy, yet such a supple ride...must be the air springs. I'll keep you all posted on any issues - if they arise....Hopefully, this will be my last post on this board....

S

schafari

I just bought a totally loaded 05 LR3 HSE with every option available, except the cooler, but including the $400 Java black paint and tow kit for $47K. Sticker was $55.1K. I needed a temperoary loan, which I got at 4.25%. Dealer included rubber mats.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excellent deal, schafari. I only wish I paid that when I bought a year ago. :)

S

schafari

I should have clarified, the 4.25% was not from the LR dealer, but from my credit union, EDS Federal CU.

D

deanz

Schafari,

Great deal! Did you get the bluetooth kit? If so, how is it working for you?

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635