Pictures of New Accessories!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,

Everything looks great! I like the "short" ladder. Maybe one very **** retentive suggestion. Looking at the painted area of the hatch right above the bottom rung of the ladder, I'd be worried that over time it might become scratched by the toe of a dirty or muddy boot. If I were you I'd be looking into putting a piece of clear paint-protection film over the paint there.
Hey CaptainSpalding,

Thanks! Yes, I was thinking that myself. I actually don't even use that rung because I climb like a crazy person, but I may definitely put some protection there just in case. Thanks for the suggestion - much appreciated.

-David

BushRover

Reaction score
Quick question - How easy was it to install the lamp guards? DId it require any drilling? or did it fit into existing holes?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question - How easy was it to install the lamp guards? DId it require any drilling? or did it fit into existing holes?
Hey BushRover,

I answered your question on Count Laszlo's post - but will here as well. The front lamp guards are really easy, they require NO drilling and use pre-existing holes. You just have to take the front grill and lights off - very easy. I am actually installing them this week, but I already worked on it a bit and figured it all out. The rear guards a bit tricker, as you have to drill 10mm holes and then fit a rivnut. People on the forum were VERY helpful to me, but I could NOT GET THAT DAMN RIVNUT to set, so I ended up having a private garage finish the install. My problem was I drilled the holes SLIGHTLY off and this can cause the inner part of the guard to rub the top latch door. I highly recommend if you are not handy to just have a garage install them. It's not hard, but you really need to drill the holes precisely and get a tool (VERY hard to find) or find a way to set the rivnut in place.

Private message me for more information.

-David

BushRover

Reaction score
Thanks for the response! My apologies for having you type the response over!

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that an OEM skid plate? if so, how much protection does it give and weight?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that an OEM skid plate? if so, how much protection does it give and weight?
Hey LR4TQ,

No, it's not the OEM Land Rover skid plate. I bought the skid plate through GN Vehicle Protection:

http://www.gnvehicleprotection.co.uk/discovery-4-sump-guard.html

I am VERY happy with the product. It's extremely heavy-duty, but not sure how much it weights? I had it sent to a LR garage and they installed it for me. I'd say it must weigh close to 100 lbs or so? It is very heavy grade aluminum and it seems as though it would offer protection in that general area. I know die-hard off-roaders often get full underbody plates, etc., but this is for looks and some protection for me.

I highly recommend the product, it's great! I know the price with shipping was $450 and I paid via PayPal... They offer black matte powder coating for a bit extra.

Contact Neil at: [email protected]

I hope this helps... I can take more pictures if you want, but they have some pictures on their website too.

-David

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the price is much better than the LR ones! Does it give any real protection? and how far does it extend towards the body?

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the price is much better than the LR ones! Does it give any real protection? and how far does it extend towards the body?
Hey LR4TQ,

It is very solid and definitely offers some protection, but only for the front and it extends I'd say several feet back? It may not be the best for major off-roading, but it definitely provides some protection above and beyond the stock plastic parts. For me, it was about the look and protection... but, I don't do crazy off-roading. I can take better pictures for you this weekend if you want.

-David

LR4TQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
david - if you can snap more photos especially the underside, it would be greatly appreciated! I have the same color BTW :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM