Steal of a deal on an LR4 with issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LR4Slavo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 year update since rebuild

It's been just about a year and 12k miles since rebuild. Engine is as strong as ever and at this point feel fully confident that the fix was permanent, well as permanent as a LR can be!

I've had a few bugs as noted through other posts in the past.

Most recently I've noticed a slight vibration when briskly accelerating between 2-3k rpm, apparently a know issue which has a TSB for, requiring a simple bushing and bolt to rectify.. yet to perform this fix.

The scariest episode I had was driving deep in the Colorado Rockies (3hrs south west of Denver), when the truck complained of an overheat. Immediately pulled over, turned the truck off and checked water level and for any coolant leaks and nothing! After some additional looking I could hear water barely passing through the thermostat, I tapped it a few times and it seemed to have released from the closed position. Odd to get stuck in a closed position, but I've since driven an additional 1k miles since then without issue. I will be replacing that thermostat just to be sure. The rad fan clutch is also failing, as it gets stuck on for too long sometimes which will also warrant a replacement.

A small yet annoying issue is the very cold weather causing havoc with the air suspension, almost guaranteed that one of the corners of the truck will be sitting if it gets bitterly cold overnight, resulting in a suspension fault on the dash, but self resolves by the afternoon as it warms up overnight. Reading that the airblock gaskets can be the culprit, might be something I rebuild this summer.

I have fitted some nice second hand Black Rhino Overland wheels with 265/65R18 Wranglers on her.

F5F2456A-D25F-4E34-89FC-9A53AFD07459.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72