PlastiDipped Wheels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those wheels look great, I am planning to do the intakes on mine next week. My truck is white and I think that it will look sharp. The best thing is that it can be removed easily according to our local experts!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those wheels look great, I am planning to do the intakes on mine next week. My truck is white and I think that it will look sharp. The best thing is that it can be removed easily according to our local experts!
Do you mean the side air vent intakes? I ordered some extra black ones to match my wheels! :)

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you mean the side air vent intakes? I ordered some extra black ones to match my wheels! :)

I found them black for $160. I want to try the plastidip since I am interested in doing my wifes black LR2 wheels. I want to see how they take daily use and abuse. I bet the black ones will like awesome on your truck!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found them black for $160. I want to try the plastidip since I am interested in doing my wifes black LR2 wheels. I want to see how they take daily use and abuse. I bet the black ones will like awesome on your truck!
Yep - I just got them from Miami British. They are going to look awesome... I opted to go the permanent route because I am planning to have my wheels permanently powder-coated matte black. The PlastiDip is awesome, and will definitely stay long-term on the road, but it really attracts dirt off road and I don't want to have to apply after each time. Still though, after off roading last weekend, I am amazed at how great the PlastiDip has held up - a bit dusty, but looking good.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will think that plasticdip wont last on the handles. But I have to admit, black will look better than the strange grey color.
Yeah, it would be great to have black handles, but I am just not sure that is an area that will be optimal for PlastiDipping. Although, a lot of people dip the gripping end of their tools in PlastiDip. I would imagine it would be too matte for the doors and attract dirt/oils from repeated handling. I think, for now, I will stick with the wheels and then replace my side vents when I get the black ones I ordered from eBay.

alexcorral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will think that plasticdip wont last on the handles. But I have to admit, black will look better than the strange grey color.

I only like the grey handles on the Orkney grey body color (mine :proud:). But black handle to match your grill and wheels would look awesome :cool:

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only like the grey handles on the Orkney grey body color (mine :proud:). But black handle to match your grill and wheels would look awesome :cool:

I agree with that color combo. But mine is white and the handles stick out like.... well, like grey handles. Specially with darker windows and all the black by the side view mirrors.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi David,
I was in Taiwan for a couple weeks got back a couple days ago and just checked the forum. The wheels look great. How did you cover the brakes and rotors? Did you take the wheels off to spary? I drove a TDV6 Disocvery 4 over there. Not sure I like the gear selector wheel they have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM