Please help, Newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C

cjuroff

My friend just got an 02 range rover and asked me to rotate the tires. I cant get the lugs off even with my best MAC Impact gun. Is there a trick or is this a common problem with them I just want to do my research before I really wrench these things off. Any help would be really appreciated...

Thanks in advance.

C

cjuroff

well I called the dealer and he said that there were no tricks. If you are gonna believe this or not but I just had my half inch breaker and about a 8 foot pipe on the end of it and the pipe was flexing so much I didnt want to go any further. I thought that it might break and scratch it or something. Time to take it to the tire rack!!!

L

LRMEX

Hi I had same problem with my lugs. The problem is that they are not actually a one piece item. They are covered by a esthetic aluminium cap that is sort of glued to the lug nuts. At my local shop they fix big 18th wheeler trucks and they used one of the impact guns used on the truck's tires to remove them. The power of the impact gun ended up removing the aluminium cap and I ended up by leaving the lug nuts with out the esthetic cap and use a 11/6 6 sided craftsman socket to put them on and off when ever I need to replace a flat tire.

L

LRMEX

LRMEX said:
Hi I had same problem with my lugs. The problem is that they are not actually a one piece item. They are covered by a esthetic aluminium cap that is sort of glued to the lug nuts. At my local shop they fix big 18th wheeler trucks and they used one of the impact guns used on the truck's tires to remove them. The power of the impact gun ended up removing the aluminium cap and I ended up by leaving the lug nuts with out the esthetic cap and use a 11/6 6 sided craftsman socket to put them on and off when ever I need to replace a flat tire.

Also bewhare that the lugnut might get stuck on the socket so be patient and leave them mounted so you can pull the socket out of the lug nut by jerking it a bit.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635