GAP IID Tool help urgent

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Disco2014

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have the GAP IID tool BT on my Disco4.
In heights adjustment i pushed the button bumper heights and the car lowered down.
But I cant lower it up again. When i push the regular heights button or Offroad Heights button they start bliking blue and green, but no response on the car. Even on the control panel in the car, they light for height are off.
Now it is in the very low mode and i cant drive.
Please someone can help out on that?

I read out the ECU failures, all images attached.

Thanks from Hamburg/ Germany
1000017748.jpg
1000017749.jpg
1000017757.jpg

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure how to help, but if I were you I would turn off the car, unplug the OBD device, and turn the car back on to see if it resets itself. If that doesn’t work, disconnect the battery for a bit. Good luck!

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help you. I ordered the GAP tool for my LR4 and they took my money but then turned around and then said they didn't like where I lived and wouldn't ship it. Btw, I'm not the devil.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have a “lift” installed, like johnson rods? if so, i wonder if dropping to the bumps bent or broke the rods. Why were you dropping the car (just thinking it might give us some clue about what has happened)?

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
This just means that your height sensors are out of range and it dropped to the bump stops as a precaution.

To fix this, jack the truck up to "normal" height. Measure from the top wheel arch to the center hub cap of the wheel to 466mm (18 3/8") for the front and the rear is 485mm (19 1/8"), and then start the truck. If you have lift rods, you'll have to adjust your calculations for it. Once the suspension is within spec, it will pump air into the system. IF this works, recalibrate the suspension with the Gap IID Tool on flat ground.

The other way to do this is using your Gap IID Tool to put the suspension into "Build mode". Here's the excerpt from https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/faq/.

Or, can the IIDTool help when the suspension becomes inoperative? Can it close any specific valve for any corner and keep it closed while you limp off the trail?

Yes. For example, when an air strut fails, the suspension ECU detects a major fault since it is not able to raise the corner. In some cases, it lowers all corners to the bump stops. The lowering may be caused by the air leak itself since on normal operation, corners are adjusted in pair.

To manually control the air suspension, proceed with the following:

• IIDTool Menu->Service Test->Suspension->Test Valve->Select the Front Axle only, adjust to the desired height
  • IIDTool Menu->Service Test->Suspension->Test Valve->Select the Rear Axle only, adjust to the desired height
  • Each corner can be adjusted independently if needed
Keep in mind that raising both axles using Adjust All is not recommended since it takes much longer to reach the desired height. This is because the pressure equalizes when all four corner valves are opened (air goes from the front airbags to the rears) thus increasing the time required to raise the front axle.

If you are raising the vehicle significantly, the compressor may need to cool down before it can pump additional air in the system.

Once the desired height is reached, exit Test Valve mode and disable the suspension: IIDTool Menu->Service Test->Suspension->Build Mode

When finished, simply put it back into customer mode by calling the Build Mode function once more: IIDTool Menu->Service Test->Suspension->Build Mode

Not raising all four corners will put the vehicle out of balance and this can cause a safety hazard. We do not recommend driving an unstable vehicle but it can be useful to recover the vehicle with a defective EAS while offroad. Do not drive an unstable vehicle at high speed.

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto on question above.

Do you have lift rods installed? If so, this will throw it out of calibration on bump stops and it will not raise.

Either put normal rods back in, or break out the jacks.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Presumably this either wasn't TOO urgent, or the OP has succumbed to the elements due to his inability to drive away. Alas.

ar077

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help you. I ordered the GAP tool for my LR4 and they took my money but then turned around and then said they didn't like where I lived and wouldn't ship it. Btw, I'm not the devil.

Seriously? I'm also in NV and had no trouble ordering one from https://www.gap-diagnostic.com/shop/ in 2019 (order No. 5926), including free shipping. BTW, the price has only gone up $8 since I order mine.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72