Please Vote for Front Grill...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So, I am doing my final update on my truck and wanted to get your opinion on how I should do the black grill. I had an older picture of my LR4 (before I did the wheels) and did some photoshopping to show ONLY the grill painted black or the whole grill/body front - like with the Metropolis black LR4s or the Legacy Discovery 4s in the UK.

Which would do you like best???? I am leaning toward ONLY the grill.

ONLY the grill black:

Davids_LR401_black_grill.jpg

ALL black:

Davids_LR401_black_face.jpg

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where do you find the black pieces???

He is painting them.

Finlay, if yu want, I have my original black and silver one you can paint all ll black to test the look. This way you can test it before you paint yours.

Lr4tq, I purchased mine from the dealer since I have a black lr4 already. And it's the same peice from the limited edition models.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
where do you find the black pieces???
Hey LR4TQ,

Those images are photoshopped.... It's an older picture of my LR4. If I go with the black grill only option, I will be painting the grill. If I go with the all black (grill and surrounding body), then I will get one already one - can be ordered through Land Rover.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He is painting them.

Finlay, if yu want, I have my original black and silver one you can paint all ll black to test the look. This way you can test it before you paint yours.

Lr4tq, I purchased mine from the dealer since I have a black lr4 already. And it's the same peice from the limited edition models.
Hey Kaaae,

Wow - that might work out well... would you be willing to sell it??? I am leaning toward painting ONLY the grill, but still considering the other option.

-David

horacioad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Grill only! It looks sharp. But with too much black around it , looks like you got on a car accident and didn't get it repaired. With that said..... what about the skid plate?

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finlay, pm me your address and ill find out cost to ship. Only looking to recover shipping cost as I will never reuse these. Also something to note, there is a slight sparkle on the black that matches the rest of the black of the car. This is also true on the all black parts ( grill and vents). So if you painted your vents a flat black the grill wouldn't match if you purchased it.

namenda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I posted these pics on an earlier thread. Here's my LR4 with black satin finish front and side grilles. Front grille is not OEM, purchased from a UK ebay seller for around $300.00 shipped (took over 2 weeks for delivery and was stuck for 2 days at US Customs but eventually cleared without any tax levied). Side grilles I painted myself.

Attachments

• LR4Grille.jpg
    LR4Grille.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Lr4Grille2.jpg
    Lr4Grille2.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 28

Kaaae

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice nameda! I purchased grill and side vents for 630ish including taxes from dealer and it took about a week. I always worry about ebay especially when ordering from other countries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM