plugging in ipod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

dronedog

i seem to have a loose connection on my wire that goes into the aux jack. i can get the right side paeaker to play when pushed all the way in and the left side to play when 1/2 way in.
i got my dbl male 3.5mm wire from radio shack. has anyone else had a problem? did you get your wire somewhere else or is there a way to make the connection better?
i know on my cell phone some ear buds worked better than other for the connections.
Thanks
The dog

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try another cable. If that isn't it, your AUX jack is defective. 'nuff said.

D

dronedog

tried another iwre and the same problem. is there a way to access the female end by rmoving the center box? i was going to look and see if i can replace. the dealer is too far for me to go thru them if i don't have too.

The dog

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flip the AUX lid open, grab both sides and pull. That's it. Of course, it could be a problem closer to the head unit...

T

threeputt

Grommet, you mean the plate where the aux input plug is mounted will slide right out? I haven't looked at it that closely. I use the Belkin iPod adapter and I am having a similar problem. Sometimes I have to reach back and fiddle with the plug going into the AUX input to fix a speaker cutting out. It seems like a loose connection on the back on the AUX jack. I'm going soon for my 15k service, but if I can take a look first... Thanks,

Jeff

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, the whole "AUX" module will pop out. Easy.

T

threeputt

Cool, Grommet, thanks for the tip. I'll check it out!

Jeff

D

dronedog

well i checked it our today and the problem is not the plug. it is in the wiring connector to the plug. there are six wires that go into the aux box. one was missing. guess what it is the left speaker wire. after looking at the plug, i am sure it is down there somewhere. it probably just pulled out of the plug when it was connected. the wiring is a bit tight. so now to find it i need to pull the center console box out. to do that i have to pulled the center console top trim.
i think to do that i have to remove the gear shift knob. sound about right?
if other are having problems with one side of the speakers not working. more than likely it is the same thing. the way they connect into the plug it could easily happen. i have had other cars with the same problem.
anybody know a short cut to getting the gear shift knob off? or maybe i can just twist the console to access the screws that hold the front of the console box?
The Dog

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99