"POP" - Suspension Fault

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was driving along this morning, hit a manhole cover and then I hear a "pop" and as i was looking in my side mirror to see what could have caused that noise, I get a "Suspension Fault - Normal Height Only". I stopped the car and turned it off and when I fired it up, the pump made a loud rattling noise unlike the usual slow hum as the cans fill up.. Any suggestions before I bring it in?

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the fault still there? Was it Red or Amber? Have you looked under the rig to see what you can see?

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah.. after I start the car, I can hear that rattle as the cans fill up. Perhaps "rattle" is not the right word. Sounds like air is leaking and like a kid making a raspberry sound with his lips. Then the fault will come on along with a yellow icon with the arrows that point left/right and up. The raspberry quickly stops and I can drive the car normally.. I can see anything wrong underneath (newbie observation skills) but rear left side is lower than the rear right side..

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If all four corners are sitting at level height then you probably blew an air line off somewhere or the drier split open......Don't wait too long as it will end up on the bump stops eventually....

obsteve

Reaction score
I just took my LR3 in for the same fault and was told it was the dessicant filter. I spent some time on the forums this morning and read a similar post where the owner heard a pop and when he opened the compressor housing found dessicant beads everywhere. I couldnt find the link...

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks all for quick response.. it appears that it's just the rear that is sitting uneven. I'm going to bring it in..hopefully, it's a warranty issue. Will keep you guys posted.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mean you're under warranty!?!?! What the hell are you talking to US for, then? Take it in!

zulu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks all for quick response.. it appears that it's just the rear that is sitting uneven. I'm going to bring it in..hopefully, it's a warranty issue. Will keep you guys posted.

Keyword "HOPEFULLY"....

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Keyword "WARRANTY." If you have a warranty, it is covered.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72