Power Steering Fluid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was changing my oil last week (on my 06 LR3 SE w/ 25k miles) and I noticed that my power steering is exactly on the minimum fill line. I don't know how long it has been this way as this is the first time I've really looked at it. I don't suspect there is a leak because it hasn't moved at all in the last week since I noticed it. Anyway, I ordered some power steering fluid from British Atlantic and it arrived today. I'm wondering if I should just add the fluid to what is already in there, or if I should be flushing the old stuff out? I haven't really been a DIYer in the past, but I'm trying to do it more with my beloved LR3.

Thanks in advance

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happened with me and I added it and it was fine. Took it to the dealer and they said the pump was leaking, which was replaced for the second time under warranty. You should check for a leak in the pump

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At your mileage, you can just add to your system, should change it at 30K.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bring it in to check for a leak, I;ve been down this road with the LR3 3 times

beantmt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealership is a bit out of the way. Any tips on how to check for a leak?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635