Pre-wired Trailer Hitch Question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daveykid

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. My LR4 (2015) came with the trailer hitch option but I haven't had a need to use it much other than an occasional flat trailer to help someone out short distances. I'm going to be picking up a car in an enclosed 1-car hauler that has electronic brakes (the trailer) and my question is this; would my vehicle also have the pre-wired trailer brake harness located under the dash on the driver's side, as well? I didn't know if that was part of the trailer hitch package sold new with the vehicle. I know a few places sell the controllers themselves and considering the weight of the car and trailer it would be nice to have access to the trailer brakes as well. I've used Prodigy brake controllers in the past for other trucks I've owned so I guess the second question would be is there a brake controller of choice for the LR's?

Thanks!

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA