Prices paid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

seaweed

Reaction score
I may, if all goes well, be in line to buy my first Land Rover very soon....Nara Bronze LR4 HSE LUX. While I wait for the various dealers to come back with revised offers, I wanted to see if folks here were willing to share their purchase experiences and the final price they ended up paying for their LR4s.

Haven't seen any such thread on most of the LR4 forums and think it can serve as a very valuable tool for prospective buyers of the LR4.

I know that when we bought our current car (not LR), the information listed by folks who had bought was tremendously helpful in allowing me to negotiate a substantial discount on the car.

Hope folks are willing to share and that many others, including me, can benefit from it.

I will surely post my details as soon as I am able to finalize them.

Thanks

vivaldi1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I purchased in April 2010 and based on most posts, I probably overpaid. I got $1500 under invoice. Got the LR4 HSE LUX, and with discount paid just over $60k. But I don't regret it at all.

You'll hear conflicting stories on price paid. Many based on location. And you probably won't hear from the majority that might think they overpaid. You'll likely just hear about those folks that got a great discount and want to share.

Bottom line is, if you really want the vehicle, make the decision to buy it and don't spend too much time regretting whatever you paid for it. That said, if you can squeeze out some $ from the dealer, go for it. Ask for $3k+ off (depending on what model you are looking at ) and be firm and see how it goes. If you are buying an LR4 chances are you aren't on the practical side to begin with. You are more of a dreamer, otherwise, you would be paying less and getting a more prestige on road brand with 4x4 capabilities. And maybe get them to throw in some of the over priced accessories like all weather floor mats ($180), a hitch (i paid $400), etc. where they make extra margin dollars and are more willing to concede against list prices in certain markets.

Enjoy the Vehicle in the end. I just had my first 4x4 experience with the LR4 last weekend and so I envy you about to purchase!

Jump in.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just purchased a new LR4 about 6 weeks ago. I feel I got a good deal on it, but I might have been able to better if things were a little different. We needed a new vehicle to go on vacation with, and I rushed the deal along. If I would have had more time I would have gotten exactally what I wanted as far as the truck and the price. Since I rushed the deal, I bought a color combination I wouldn't have normally purchased and paid maybe $500-1500 too much. All in all I'm happy with the deal I got and the color combo is really growing on me.

2010 LR4 HSE LUX with suround camera $58,515 sticker. We paid $55,000 with a $16,000 trade in. They gave us about $1000 more for our trade-in than the other marque dealers were giving us, so I really can't complain about the deal we got.

One thing that you may have going for you that we didn't was no other dealer activity. My closest dealer is in Omaha Nebraska where I purchased our truck; we live in Lincoln about 50 miles away. The next closest is in Kansas City about 160 miles away. I didn't get to bounce one price off another at the different dealerships.

When I say I rushed the deal, I really did. We got to the dealership on a Friday afternoon about 4pm. The dealership closed at 6pm. After the test drive and all of the Land Rover history the sales man could fit in, we didn't get much time to negotiate. I think we left teh dealership at 6:35 that night and had to pick up our truck the next day. The LR4 we bought had picked up a nail on the test drive and we still had to do all the financing stuff too.

I hope this helps.

Rob

seaweed

Reaction score
Appreciate the responses. I am in no rush to close the deal so think that works in my favor. However, in spite of having the benefit of 4-5 dealers within a 45 min drive, the demand is pretty high for LRs in this part of the country (NY/NJ), making it a little difficult to obtain a decent discount. Let's see how it goes for me...

Rotorover

Reaction score
Just picked up an LR4 HSE for the wife last week. 2010. They gave us 3k off. Also threw in the all weather floor matts, tow hitch and increased the trade value of the vehicle we got rid of by about 400 bucks. I was fine with the deal. As always, probably could have done better:)

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I had actually heard that people were getting better deals near the coasts.

One thing that I did have working for me was that here in the plains, not many think about Land Rover. In fact, about everyone that has noticed I got a new rig asks how I like my new Range Rover. There really isn't a lot of brand recognition here.

Good luck on your negotiations!

Rob

vivaldi1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, not being in a *rush* will help you tremendously. I was the exact opposite and the dealer could sense blood I'm sure. I wish I was more thrifty, but I just aint. The negotiations were a distraction between me and the vehicle. Guess I'm too impulsive...

Let us know what kind of deal you get in the end!

holygrail

Reaction score
2011 Lr4 Hse

I got mine $1000 over the invoice price. All options were invoice price as well.

I custom ordered a 2011 HSE, with:
- 7-Seat Comfort Pkg
- Climate Comfort Pkg
- Xenon/auto-leveling/auto highbeam, Vision Assist Pkg
- HD Pkg
- Premium 480-Watt system
- Santorini Black

All for $53,126. With Virginia's 3% tax, tags, prep fee out the door price, $55,358. I got about $4k savings. I believe I fall into that top best 5% category.

I'm also adding accessories: Ordered from www.brit-car.co.uk
- Door molding with chrome inserts - $211.35
- Roof Rails, short - $240.23
- Trailer wiring - $$119.47

The dealer said as long as these are OEM parts, he will install them and add the 4-yr/50,000 mi warranty on the parts. Ordering them yourself will save you hundreds.

Adding 20 x 8.5 in Lexani LSS-10 Forged Wheels w/ Falken 275/45R-20 tires
Picture of Wheels below.

V/r,
Chris

Attachments

• Lexani LSS-10.jpg
    Lexani LSS-10.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holygrail,

Nice deal on the truck. I'm glad to see that they were willing to work with you ordering it the way that you did and having to sit on it until January. Frankly, you deserve a better deal than I got.

I like the wheels. Ibet they will really dress up the truck even more.

Rob

seaweed

Reaction score
Back and still just as curious and interested...

Didn't want folks to think that I went into hibernation after asking you all to share your experiences....was out on vaca for two weeks and then been pretty ******* with work.

Here's my update - all dealers I was talking to before I left for my vaca (Aug 20th) knew that I was going to be out of commission for two weeks and would probably only sign a deal after I came back. Cuz of this I didn't really push any dealer too much on any price point and ended up receiving a variety of quotes, the best of which was $1,500 over invoice for a 2011 HSE Lux (not sure what the exact nomenclature is for 2011s). Wasn't sure if this was a good deal or not as didn't have any reference till I read Chris's post about the $1,000 over. (Chris - does that include any discounts you would have received due to your association with the forces?)
What, I think, is working against me is that we are after a specific color combination (Nara Bronze/Almond)...

Plus, my wife has convinced me to wait it out till Jan/Feb before we buy the car...which further gravitates me to the deal Chris has received....maybe I order now for a Jan/Feb delivery?? Getting $1,000 over will be the challenge...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4