Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steppenwolf

Reaction score
Arbourstone, sorry to hear about your back patch with the LR3 and the dealer in Calgary. I've got 12000 km on mine here on the B.C. coast and once I solved the "tailgate clunk" it's been solid as a rock - not a rattle even after a 200 km day on gravel backroads in Utah. Keep the faith! Ciao.

arbourstone

Reaction score
Land Rover Calgary Lied to Me

After complaining of a dreadful tire whirr from the back I returned my 06 LR3 to LR of Calgary only to be told that the rear tires were badly cupped due to my having the tires under inflated (even after a recent 12K service at said dealership where they "rotated the tires"). The solution, they said was to replace the rear tires at my cost which was to set me back $950.00 plus installation."I should purchase the tires myself then give them to LR Calgary where they will farm out the installation and have the vehicle alligned for good measaure". Today I took my LR3 to Fountain Tire in Calgary (Northland Drive) who told me that that all four tires were badly miss-alligned resulting in all tires having unusual wear patterns particularly on the back. I have never taken the vehicle off-road and think that the capability of this vehicle is let down hugely by low standards at manufacturing level, and by a dealership who is prepared to lie to my face about problems that are not anything to do with me - the innocent purchaser.
SHAME ON YOU LANDROVER CALGARY!
FYI
REAR LEFT CAMBER -1.44 RIGHT -0.98
FRONT CAMBER LEFT -0.84 RIGHT -0.98
CASTER FRONT LEFT 3.88 RIGHT 3.81

P

Peter.P

Our transmission did the same thing. We would be slowing down and just before stopping, if you put yoour foot on the gas you would get a ****. If yours is like this then it is a software upgrade that was part of a recall notice. I think it was around 12/05

will0711

Reaction score
Any late model owners or LR3 (2007 or 2008)? many members points out early model woes, but are they all addressed in newer model? or still occuring?

Patriot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any late model owners or LR3 (2007 or 2008)? many members points out early model woes, but are they all addressed in newer model? or still occuring?

2007 LR3 HSE, purchased August 2007. 3300 miles. Absolutely perfect. Best vehicle I've ever owned. Do a search for my previous posts.

Patriot

bgsntth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Arbourstone,

I had a very similar experience where my dealer was repeatedly lying or grossly incompetent and not forthright. I noticed severe wear at 750 miles, asked them to check the alignment as the steering, bumpsteer, and tramlining were also miserable. They said it was "fine", but refused to let me see the alignment sheet when I demanded it; and accussed me of swapping old tires onto my new truck:mad: It took them two weeks more to get the replacement tires, at which time the tires had disintegrated to completely bald on the outer half; hence no way they could deny there was something severly messed-up with the frame or alignment. Second alignment check showed that the "toe in" was significantly out of specification, as I told them it would be. Bastards.

I took pictures along the way and related the above to LRNA with the names of those involved with the dealership; but I'm still ******-off.

macrover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2006 V8 SE 7 Seater. Had it for two months, bought used with 32K. Truck is great with some minor issues needing to bring it in for:

1) bit of tranny or transfer case noise when accelerating. maybe not so little probem but doesn't effect driveability. will be taking it in shortly
2) rear wiper is insane and behaves with a mind of it's own. The spring does not hold the wiper against the window well
3) driver's side middle vent is broken. works horizontally to adjust but not vertically

Otherwise lovin it!

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2) rear wiper is insane and behaves with a mind of it's own. The spring does not hold the wiper against the window well

LOL, do you know about the feature that triggers the rear window wiper when you are in Reverse gear with the windshield wipers on? It's brilliant, but startling if you are not aware that it's intentional.

Or, if it's not that, make sure your right hand turn signal stalk is pushed all the way forward, towards the front bumper.

Skywaterbanjo

Reaction score

2006 LR3 HSE purchased August '07, 18,000 miles, absolutely flawless except for a rattling sun visor which was replaced.

So flawless, in fact, that I traded my '04 Cayenne S on an '07 RR HSE. Love it!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635