Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, i'm getting ready to purchase either an LR3 or LR4. From what i am reading on here, it appears LR has not really addressed the tire/bushing problems from 2005. I find that a bit distrubing for starters. But anyway, I asked the salesman i am dealing with about this issue. His reply is:

"They revised the bushings and alignment components. The bushings would
settle and cause 'toe-in' which resulted in abnormal tire wear and
excessive tire chopping and cupping. All the problem vehicles were
recalled by Land Rover and in some cases, the customer received a free set
of tires."

Is this a fact? or for the mechanics on here would this even solve the problem?

Thanks in advance!

john

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All problem vehicles recalled? I have an 06 and don't remember getting that one in
the mail. I would call Bull$h!T on that one.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your right on that one duck. I haven't seen any recalls on that issue. Thats a salesman answer for you. lol.....

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Actually, that is a pretty darn truthful answer from that apparently knowledgeable sales rep. Land Rover DID change the assembly. But its not a recall item, only a TSB item invoked when the customer complains.

Rover7777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Nwoods for verifying they did make a change to correct the problem. I appreciate it.

John

Last edited:

KEITHD45

Reaction score
1st time poster, good morning,..I have a 2006 LR3 and once a week I get an HDC fault light on..1 second later the brake light comes on, 1 second later the symbol with the "tipping LR3" comes on...when these all come on, the suspension drops and can't be raised..no special functions are available..all warning lights go away when I turn the car off (I usually have to do it a traffic light) Took it in to the dealership when it was under warranty and they replaced the right suspension arm or something..when that happened the lighst were red and the suspension was as low as could be and was bouncing all over the road..since then, just the orange-ish lights that turn off after restarting the car..any ideas?

ChuckD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure battery is not failing. Often causes strange things to happen.

ChuckD

sherry

Reaction score
Hi - I'm a newbie to this forum and to being a LR owner. I purchased on 05 LR3 in Feb have had nothing but problems. I thought we had finally got them all resolved and was starting to enjoy the vehicle. Then Tuesday night it would not start. Had it towed to the shop. They replaced the starter and before reassembleing the suspension system they turned the key and it started fine. Then they completed the assembly, lowered the lift, turned the key and nothing. It makes no noise to show it is even trying to start. They called the dealership who told them to try my other key, jiggle the key, etc. Still nothing. Any ideas of what could be causing this? Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635