Problems With the LR3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shedward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in N. Virginia - about 26 miles south of Washington DC.

drmoss_ca

Reaction score
I seem to have had all the usual suspects in my 2006 V6 with SE package.
1. Every error message imaginable from low battery voltage on startup, cured with a new battery.
2. The tires go down every winter if the ambient temperature is <-12C and need pumping up every two days - have to get them sealed on the rims again each winter.
3. Leaking sunroof, with water dripping from the dome light and sunvisor attachment. Drains cleared and cured.
4. Original tires had to be replaced at 14000km - next to no tread left! Asked for the lumpiest tires available to cope with snow and ice and was given Pirelli Scorpions. Not good enough for our winters really.
5. New tie rods installed at 24000km - old ones so rusted on they could not be adjusted as part of a safety inspection.
6. Engine warning light kept coming on - sensor replaced.
7. Two new headlight bulbs so far, and one new set of wiper blades.
8. Currently in the shop again because it slips out of gear when I slow for a turn.

No doubt more to come! If the aftermarket bluetooth phone kit is still available I shall probably get it added as we now have a hands-free only law. Otherwise a pleasure to drive and the best vehicle I have had for deep snow. Wish the Defender was sold in Canada!

Chris

Jogi

Reaction score
I was trying to fit in a hitch cargo career but the tow hitch receiver tends to stay in side the bumper the generic cargo career from Canadian tire wont fold because it touches the bumper and the cargo box available with the dealer is too costly.

Any solution except and hitch extender?
?

nova lr3

Reaction score
I'm in NOVA as well, shedward, and just had a couple gallons of water fill up my interior after our most recent monsoon rain. Beautiful. And Land Rover so far has been so helpful. NOT.

shedward

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What the hell!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm in NOVA as well, shedward, and just had a couple gallons of water fill up my interior after our most recent monsoon rain. Beautiful. And Land Rover so far has been so helpful. NOT.

Filled w/ water? What do you mean? Were you parked in a puddle? Which dealership are you working with? What kind of LR? Overall - that sucks pretty bad!!

nova lr3

Reaction score
See the thread below about soaked floorboards in LR3s. It's probably clogged sunroof drains, but who knows, these things apparently leak from all sorts of places.

coolin

Reaction score
love it... but!

Hi all...I'm looking to purchase an 06' lr3 v6 still under warranty with really low kms(13000) and reasonable priced, but what's with all the complaints about electrical, leaks, tires etc.. Has anyone out there had a trouble free experience. Want the suv, don't want the headache Don't care about the mpg kinda already know what to expect on that end.

Thanks,

on the fence

USAFbuckeye

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to be a downer, however, there hasn't been a trouble free vehicle manufactured. Make no mistake, there will be some growing pains with your LR3, but it's kind of part of the "experience". The only advise I can give is get one with a factory warranty remaining or a third party (I have the ford ESP). If you plan to off road your rover, you'll love it. If you don't you may not be willing to live through some of the minor pains.

Good luck witlh what ever you decide

coolin

Reaction score
Thanks for the input...though this would only be a city driven vehicle only. Flip of the coin I guess.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635