Programming 3rd Button on Key Fob Transmitter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnsoax

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had mine set to alarm for the three years I have owned my vehicle.... And really, I don't think I've ever used it...

I was unable to program mine to unlock the rear hatch... I wouldn't do it.

I think I will set it to the lights. That might be a useful feature. Especially when I was reading that you can also turn on the reverse lights too.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lights are useful, especially if you're camping and need some light to get back to your car or to go out and use the "Men's Room."

uoflcardfan77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wheeler, thanks for the how to on being able to unlock all the doors at the same time. Most times it's me and the wifey and not having to push the button twice would be nice. In another vein, I'm going to have to order a new cover for the key. Mine has a big hole over the unlock button. Are they pretty easy to change out the chip and key?

wheeler

Reaction score
Hi, uoflcardfan. Yes, if you've worn out the Unlock button on your key fob, it's probably a good idea to change the key fob unlock mode away from Single-point entry, ha-ha. I don't know about changing the cover for the key... Before I bought an entire new key fob, I don't know, I might try brushing on a little black plasti-dip or liquid electrical tape to see if that helped.

To clarify the process for toggling out of Single-point entry: I unlocked all the doors, then held down both the unlock and lock buttons on the key fob until the door locks cycled. That changes the mode.

tlt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
btw gang, each FOB is programmed separately. So if the better half prefers lights, and you prefer all unlock... program each fob for the one behavior for that fob. While the all unlock is handy, for a woman at night, the single door unlock is a safer bet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM