Protecting leather seats from child's car seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RON8O

Reaction score
Im curious what other parents have done to protect their leather seats from having a child's seat secured on top of them.

1) is there a pad or something to protect the leather from the car seat itself?

2) is there a way to protect the leather from any crumbs, etc that may be dropped, aside from banning eating in the car?

Thanks in advance,
Ron

bbyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toys R Us

Per the link below, Toys R Us sells baby car seat protectors suitable for the LR3 and also the VW 4Motion Passat. I can vouch that these car seat protectors have been tested in both vehicles and have passed various tests reasonable well.

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp?productId=4058201

You still might want to consider a blanket under all to soak up whatever may pass however.

Banning is not possible if the driver wants any peace at all. Grandma's are the biggest challenge.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do both. I use protectors and I ban certain foods. I myself don't eat in the car so it's pretty easy to enforce. I may allow certain foods that are easier to clean, don't stain, are "dry," or maybe don't cause crumbs. I also vacuum profusely.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When my kids were little I used to put towels (a few folded upon them selves) under the seats. Seemed to work, but that was way before the LR3.

goinsurfin

Reaction score
Toys r us has the "Lion heart" brand seat protector. I have a 4 of these. they protect the leather well. As for food, just vacuum the areas weekly.

RichL73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just use folded up towels that match the interior of my car. It works without having to spend too much money on something special. As far as the eating in the car I also ban certain foods, nothing messy and never chocolate! McDonalds is fine but my kids are messy and I always find fries between the seats so I also vacuum all the time.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tango90