Pulley and ECU Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This engine already makes 40hp more in the F-Type S. I doubt that Jaguar is doing much more than mapping and a few minor tweaks to minimize costs. That was the reason this engine made its way into the LR4 in the first place.
I highly doubt that's just from a pulley.

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ETG claims its tune yields 41hp, 71hp with revised pulley. I don't doubt the gains are possible from forced induction, just would worry about engine life and voiding warranty.

Cold Air Intake kits also claim 10HP gain. Heck, when I chipped my NA V6 Passat, they also claimed 10HP gain even though the car exactly the same. When I Got the blower for the block that's when the difference was felt and they claimed to add 90HP on top of the 190HP stock at the crank. my dyno proved otherwise. When I swapped the pulley, added injectors, tuned my own piggy back ECU and added a whole bunch of stuff did I felt a difference from stock blower, but it wasn't cheap, nor was it simple. I've had friends who tuned their A4s similarly for the track and ended up bending rods and blowing holes in the block. yes, you'll go faster, but you wont know the added stress you are putting on the internals until it blows up. hahaha

ycharlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, guys. If I had the new LR4 I wouldn't hesitate on blowing 2g on this. However, I wouldn't believe their claims and would and to do it with the right expectations. This is actually why I don't mess around with cars anymore.

Bama4door

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had the pleasure of modifying blowers before. Depending on what additional components are added (oil cooler, bigger injectors), getting 10hp out of it is already pretty generous. The keyword is safe modding. It IS possible to get 40HP out of it, but that does not guarantee it'll ensure the longevity of your blower and engine.

I've had the pleasure as well with blowers and turbos. Just adding bigger injectors/oil cooler will net you 0hp...you have to have more boost or higher displacement to even warrant the bigger injectors.

Since these 5.0 jag motors use direct injection (DI) over multiport injection (MPFI)/, they have a lot of room before reaching 100% injector duty cycle (IDC). That's why you see the same engine in the Jags producing more HP than in the Lr4, because the mapping of the tune is more aggressive.

amneme1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in tuning my '10 LR4. It has the V8. Which forums or shops do I look at?

colorover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would be interested in tuning my '10 LR4. It has the V8. Which forums or shops do I look at?

You aren't going to get much if anything out of a normally aspirated engine. The appeal for the new SCV6 is toying with boost and pulley for the blower, very easy to make gains with limited ECU programming and a small amount of hardware (subject to an unknown impact on longevity.)

LOMartin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the proper answer to this question; "you should have bought a Range Rover Sport?"

Tuning for power at the expense of reliability seems counter intuitive in relation to the LR4.

Shifterkart

Reaction score
Is the proper answer to this question; "you should have bought a Range Rover Sport?"

Tuning for power at the expense of reliability seems counter intuitive in relation to the LR4.

That makes the assumption reliability will be degraded. It is to early to tell but no Jaguar motors have reporting reliability isses. Long term, we will see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635