Question for LR4 owners that switched to 18" wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also need to know that. Seems like the offset choice for Tuffant between ET27 and ET44 has mainly been mentioned regarding the 27 looking more aggressive (so i assume it sticks out further) but what I really need to know is which one allows (best?) mobility on bump stops with a 265/65R18? Because that is exactly what I want... and a scheduled Texas Rovers trip in July has given me a reason to get moving on this. Right now I am still on stock wheels and the tires are about shot, so need to do something soon.
Email Tuffant. They’re pretty responsive, and they might give you some idea offhand of whether it is likely to rub. They won’t guarantee it, off course.

DallasLoneStar

Reaction score
Thanks guys. All good suggestions. I am more concerned with still being able to move if air suspension fails more so than rubbing while turning. Would love to hear if anyone was able to drive on bump stops with 265/65r18. I would love to go to that tire size. But, SYA is a little further than I want to go, so if that is needed I may stick with 265/60r18. This is not my only project vehicle and my Jeep CJ needs some time and money as well right now. Plus I am about to bite the bullet on water pump and crossover pipes.

Nechaken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. All good suggestions. I am more concerned with still being able to move if air suspension fails more so than rubbing while turning. Would love to hear if anyone was able to drive on bump stops with 265/65r18. I would love to go to that tire size. But, SYA is a little further than I want to go, so if that is needed I may stick with 265/60r18. This is not my only project vehicle and my Jeep CJ needs some time and money as well right now. Plus I am about to bite the bullet on water pump and crossover pipes.

I looked into this before I went 265/65/18 and as far I could discover, the consensus is they’ll still work on the bump stops.

Example:

DallasLoneStar

Reaction score
Ok thanks. I think I feel comfortable on that tire size. Now I just need feedback on ET27 vs ET44 offset. I will call Tuffant as jlglr4 suggested, but also curious to hear y'alls experiences on which one would provide the least rubbing and give the most room if air suspension fails.

ftillier

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From my research the et44 version is what matches the stock offset, and when I was looking at going to 18" tuffants was what I was going to get. It should be the least drama, and I like to optimize for that - hence my decision to stick with 19", now that there are some suitable options.

Bronco1

Reaction score
Is anyone running the 18” EVO CORSE DAKARZERO? I’m planning on running those with 265/65R18 KO2s. I really like the look of them, but I’m curious if they’re going to be as easy fit as the Tuffants or Compos? They specifically say they are for the LR4.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Evos fit without issue or spacers. If you search you may find some pictures, but I can't think of anyone here specifically who runs them.

djkaosone

'11 LR4 HSE LUX 5.0L V8
Reaction score
Ok thanks. I think I feel comfortable on that tire size. Now I just need feedback on ET27 vs ET44 offset. I will call Tuffant as jlglr4 suggested, but also curious to hear y'alls experiences on which one would provide the least rubbing and give the most room if air suspension fails.
As far as ET or offset goes, the difference between ET44 and ET27 is 17mm or 0.66", which means that it'll protrude outwards 17mm or 0.66". This gives the option to run a proper wheel spec without wheel spacers for the "look" or wider stance. Running wider also means that it takes a little more to clear the wider stance.

You may want to stick to oem ET44 for less rubbing, but if you run wider tires like 285/60r18 you will rub against your UCA.

taxi

Reaction score
I just got a set of Evo's on 265/65/18 Falken Wildpeaks and can confirm they fit without any mods, fully locked in forward and reverse. I tried using 30mm spacers too but they rubbed like hell so I took them off until I get the courage to cut the frame and wheel wells. Just got them balanced and aligned for a +1.5" lift and loving them so far.

IMG-9843.jpg
IMG-9844.jpg