Quick snowplow option for LR3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just saw this thing come up on the CNN website (some ad or gimmick link);
http://www.snapngoplow.com/

Whattya think?

I definitely do not want to go through the trouble & expense of adding a normal snowplow to my vehicle. But, I did move recently and have a driveway that is long enough that I am now considering buying a snowblower.

Think this is a better option? It doesn't have to be as good as a normal snowplow, it just has to be better than a shovel! :) ...and not harm the LR3, of course.

Wouldn't consider a contraption like this for commercial plowing. Just personal use.

banner.bmp

-todd

(no, I have nothing to do with this company. just saw this and wanted some opinions.)

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a bunch of videos on this page of their website;
http://www.snapngoplow.com/services.htm

I think this thing is a riot.
I'm guessing it is also of questionable quality, it certainly is loud, and I'm still not sure how it attaches to your tires without binding things up. Could mess with our terrain response if the car sensed something inhibiting travel of a wheel.

It cracks me up, though...

I'll never see it in MD and it wouldn't be worth the cost to ship it out here.

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing look like a piece. If you have a LR3 you dont need a snowplow

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pessimist in me thinks it's probably flimsy as hell and would break in 10 minutes, but it's actually kinda clever. It'd be nice if the website gave a better idea of how to hook up and how long it takes. Wonder what it costs?

edit: found it regarding the cost. lol on their high hopes...

"Miller and Lhota would like to initially sell their product for somewhere in the $800-to-$1,200 price range. If demand increases to point where millions of plows are being made, then the price could come down to the $400 range.

"Kind of like the first computers were $4,000 to $5,000. Now, you can get them for $300," Miller said."

Last edited:

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, its kind of funny. The original story I saw on it said they wanted to sell it for the cost of a snow blower.

If it doesn't damage the vehicle, or break, it is a convenient way to push show. I'm sure it won't be a great snowplow job, but there are likely situations where an 80% solution will do you just fine for home use and is much cheaper than a properly integrated plow.

snapngoplow

Reaction score
The Plow is not at all Flimsy. I own the Tahoe in the videos, and a Land Rover is a Perfect Vehicle for this Plow.
What used to take me an hour with a Ford 870 Farm Tractor now takes less than 10 minutes including Install/Removal. It's very compact when in your garage or shed.
The noise comes from the blade sleeves. I have plowed over 12" of snow with it.

antichrist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've plowed a fair bit of snow with real snow plows and can't really see one of these living too long.
Having plowed a good bit with a small Ford tractor as well, I'm extremely dubious that it takes an hour to plow something with such a tractor that one of these does in 10 minutes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4