radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deeb

Reaction score
so i had to pull the neg terminal to do some work on the disco. (98) and now i cant get the radio back on.

ive gone through the procedure in the manual 20 times...and i have been able to unlock it a number of times in the past.

whats different now!?!?

anyone have any ideas?

thanks
chad

issacd

Reaction score
so i had to pull the neg terminal to do some work on the disco. (98) and now i cant get the radio back on.

ive gone through the procedure in the manual 20 times...and i have been able to unlock it a number of times in the past.

whats different now!?!?

anyone have any ideas?

thanks
chad

I am new to Rovers, so not much to add about this issue.

As a side note for those who need to change a battery or otherwise disconnect the battery, may consider connecting a "jump pack" or something similar so the vehicle remains powered up and avoids issues such as coded radios. In your case you probably needed to power down the system to work safely, which is definitely the way to go.

deeb

Reaction score
ok- i figured it out!

hopefully this will help someone out down the road...if you ever get locked out of your radio, you need to wait an hour. but, the radio needs power for that hour. just put your key to position one, turn on the radio so it reads CODE, and leave it for an hour.
then put in your code.

greg409

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm glad it sorted out, but I did mine today & it re-coded immediately.

Usually, it'll give you (3) tries then lock you out for a period of time.

luck,greg

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM