Range Rover Classic Door Lock Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Roughtx

Reaction score
I just noticed my passenger door is having some locking issues. When I go to open the door, the lock goes down just a quarter of an inch and the door doesn't open! It is slightly easier to open from the inside, but sometimes I have to manually hold the door lock up to open the door. It is getting annoying since I use that door so much. Any ideas of how to fix it?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to remove the door panel and adjust the lock.

alexandermeerkat

Reaction score
I just noticed my passenger door is having some locking issues. When I go to open the door, the lock goes down just a quarter of an inch and the door doesn't open! It is slightly easier to open from the inside, but sometimes I have to manually hold the door lock up to open the door. It is getting annoying since I use that door so much. Any ideas of how to fix it?

just had this exact problem. the reason is that one of the little idler tags between the rods are worn. grease it all up and fit a light spring to pull the idler closest and just below the link to the central lock motor to pull in the direction of unlocked. the problem is that when the handle is pulled the part of the lock that pushes to open the lock plate is slipping off the little tab on back of lock and knocking it towards locked. when bad you cant operate the lock with the handles. a lot easier than stripping the door down.

mlbirk

Reaction score
My doors lock and unlock fine but they seem to have a mind of their own or there are Gremlins in the doors. While sitting or driving, the doors just start intermittently locking and unlocking on their own. It's really weird. It doesn't see to affect the operation otherwise. Anybody got any ideas?

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Nothing like bring up an old post to request help on a completely different issue...

Sounds to me like you have an issue with either the BECM or you have a corrosion issue at the drivers door lock.

mlbirk

Reaction score
Sorry Joey. Newbie here. Thought I was starting a new thread after searching for an answer to my problem. Thanks for the info though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM