Range Rover Supercharged/HSE --- Back-Up Camera Solution / Repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D Quick

Reaction score
I thought I would share the way I fixed my Back-Up camera . I found this cable that I listed below as a much better solution for the Video connection instead of having to cut and splice the video source on the original camera harness . With the use of this Fakra Z to RCA cable and a new HD camera of your choosing your outcome is so much better . Better than the factory one in my opinion . I was having a hard time with the splicing of the video connection that is shown in the different YouTube videos due to the abnormally thin wiring from the replacement cameras that would be used to do the replacement . Also instead of cutting open the original plastic housing and fitting a replacement camera inside of it , I removed the plastic housing completely , drilled a couple of 3/16" holes and mounted the new camera . The only part that need to be cut and spliced now is the power and ground . A much better outcome with doing it this way . If anyone needs a detailed step by step on it let me know and I'd be happy to help . Thanks for reading .

Fakra Z Male to RCA Cable ($10 on Amazon)

F2 HD Camera by Xroose ($45 on Amazon)

Lakeranger

Reaction score
How about a photo of the installed camera. Did you remove the new camera from it's housing and placed it inside existing housing? Or how did you mount the new camera? I cannot visualize the process.

MadProf

Reaction score
I prefer my Bluetooth back up camera where the camera is built into the license plate holder. Comes with a monitor that I chose to put on my dash, only wire needed goes to cigar lighter for power, camera itself runs
on a solar charged battery. Found mine at Costco but. Amazing carries a variety of them also.

D Quick

Reaction score
No I did not take the camera out of the housing . Well I take that back , yes I did , and what a waist of time that was . The camera I bought and the Cable that is needed is listed in the post . Drilled 2 small holes and mounted it to the backside of the roof spoiler housing . It is facing down at an angle exactly as the factory one did . It is a camera that is normall mounted to the to of you rear tag . I will take a pic and post when I get more time . Thanks

D Quick

Reaction score
Does anybody know of a repair kit for the bosche electric motor that controls the steering column memory tilt ?? I can hear it making noise but wont move anymore . I had to take the clam shell covers off and manually twist the worm gear so it would move the column whare I wanted it . Just would like to have it working without having to pay a bunch of money for the new motor . And body got any secrets on this ordeal ??

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72