Rattle from the dome light area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all - I have a new 2011 LR4 Lux. Love the car and it is amazing how quiet it is on the inside!! It however has a downside - you can hear every damn rattle and noise.

There is a rattle/noise coming from the ceiling area where the dome light/AC controls are for the 2nd row. Putting pressure on it with my right hand seems to make it better.

Have others had that issue? If yes, did you try to get it fixed? Don't know I want them to be taking it down just for a low level noise.

horatio8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the noise happen just over bumps? Does it sound like a plastic clicking? Is it worse when it's colder? If yes, then you have the same noise that I have.

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the noise happen just over bumps? Does it sound like a plastic clicking? Is it worse when it's colder? If yes, then you have the same noise that I have.

Hard to tell with all those specifics because i have had it less than a week.

The noise is like someone rubbing plastic those older, stiffer bags together. hard to explain...

The noise does however happens on semi rough roads as well as over bumps. again it is not loud but bothers because everything else is so quiet.

erdoc38

Reaction score
I had the same problem. Turned out to be a loose wire loom in the headliner. They fixed it no problem. I now have an annoying rattle in the passenger front dash though...

Count Laszlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an annoying creak/plastic rub sound over bumps and it ended up being the right side, lower plastic cover that covers the center console. The only solution I could find was sticking a small towel in there. What's crazy about the cabin, it's so quite that minor things like this do become a little annoying, at least for me. I've also learned hunting them down needs more thought than normal because the cabin is so well insolated that a creak or such can bounce around, making one think the noise is coming from a particular point, but it ends up being somewhere else. Anyway, my towel fix is working for the time being. Another area is the center speaker cover. I love LR, but baffled they'd use such a noisy piece of platic. I used velour adhesive tape to quiet that piece and have to admit, the folks at Bentely would be proud. Hehe...

garg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem. Turned out to be a loose wire loom in the headliner. They fixed it no problem. I now have an annoying rattle in the passenger front dash though...

Hey,
They supposedly tried fixed mine also but instead made it a lot worse.

Going back in tomorrow - not looking forward to it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM