Rattling noise from drivers side likely rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1flynDO

Reaction score
So I now have a rattling sound that increases when going over a bump. Almost sounds like a loose heat shield.

Any clues what it is. Sometimes it sounds like mid body too. It is a 2013 LR4

Thanks in advance

Mcb14230

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you checked to make sure your jack is secured? when the car is cold i would crawl under and see if i can make anything rattle.

Mcb14230

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is in the passenger side rear hatch, just inside the tailgate behind the plastic cover

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it sound like it's on the outside of the vehicle or on the inside?

It happens when you hit a bump?

If it sounds like it's on the outside, crawl under and start tapping things until you see something that could be it. Maybe your compressor cover. May be an exhaust shield near the spare tire.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My twin daughters had left the cup holder behind the front console wide open and empty when they sat back there last weekend on one of our many after-school activities runs. That thing was rattling like a **** over broken pavement and it took me a while to figure out what it was from the driver's seat - at first I thought it was their booster seats, something loose in the trunk, seat belt buckles, loose trim, seat backs or cushions, doors... drove me nuts for a couple of days, until I closed that bastard. :(

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a rattling i thought was coming from the rear seats for months. Every single time i went over a bump i would hear the rattle. It finally occurred to me one day that it was the rear seat belt behind the front passenger seat that was rattling against the plastic panel of the car. Something as stupid as that bugged me for months. Sometimes the answer is right in front of you lol.

1flynDO

Reaction score
So I found it. You will not believe it. The bolts to the glides came out and the caliper was moving around. The pads are gone and just ordered some new green stuffs. Will do both sides tonight.

By the way. The jack was loose. Thanks

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM