Realistic Tire Price

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
Alright guys, I've been trying to price out 18" tires for my LR3 and there are a million different options.
I'm looking at BFGs and Coopers, but that's mostly because those are the 2 I hear most often on these boards and seem to fit what I need (aggressive looking, occasional off roading but no rod mods).
What's a realistic price that some of you have paid for your tires mounted and balanced? Out of curiosity I asked my dealership and they said they can't get the Zeons, but the BFG's are 1100 mounted and balanced. Is that a dealership price or is it realistic?
Thanks guys!
-Ryan

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey ryan,
that price at your dealer is about right for four BFT TAKO tires. also see what kind of warranty they will provide on the tires and if there is free rotations/balancing. i have the zeons and found the cheapest/easiest way to get them was to have discount tire price match tirerack/treadepot. they will factor in shipping to their price match but it gave me the best price and warranty. discount tire has a good warranty setup and free rotation/balance. are you going to run a full size matching spare as well? i am still debating on whether my next set will be zeons again, BFG TAKO, or upsize to the duratracs.

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
No full size spare. I don't have a swing away spare set up...and I also don't have the extra money to have one made even though I'd love it.
How many miles have you put on your Zeons and in what condition?
Have you guys moved to Nashville yet? I've been in and out of town the last month. What part of town are you in?

huelsmma

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last fall I paid $760 hipped to my door for 4 Cooper Zeons from treadepot, tirerack is another cheap source. Was $20/tire to m&b, so came out to $860. Ive put 30k miles on them since install which was last August (mostly highway miles) w/ plenty of tread left and have been rotating them every 5k. I love them!

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just put on a set of BFG TA/KO's in 265/65/18 yesterday.

Final bill was $1076.

So your quote of 1100 is right in line.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we made it to nashville about 3 weeks ago and are having a good time. i started work at vandy last week. we are living just south of downtown near the river in an old hospital converted to lofts.

i have around 15k miles on the zeons. they have held up pretty well. some of the sidewall lugs are getting rounded just a bit from off roading but not bad. i've already had 2 replaced for free secondary to nails/screws. one thing to consider is that the zeons do have a wider foot print compared to the BFGs.

ryan-in-oregon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid $1108 2 years ago yesterday for the BFG A/T KO's. I have 21k miles on them (mostly offroad and the pavement to get there), I would say I have maybe 10k left for my use in the tires. Plan to replace next spring and may go with the Duratrac's or MT/R's

LandRoverSV

Reaction score
Cooper Zeon LTZ 285/60/18's for 2008 LR3 - ~$1000

Newbie to this forum. I just have to share that based on the excellent recommendations and threads throughout, I compared online pricing, and based on tax, shipping and installation costs, I chose to have America's Tire order my set of Cooper Zeon LTZ's in 285/60/18 last week and had them installed this weekend.

Experience:
- No rubbing in Access or Standard setting (on road) - stock suspension
- Quieter than old 28k mile OEM Wrangers (I have a couple sound files from my iPhone that prove it but are too big to post here)
- Awesome look and tread pattern - instant improvement (see pics)
- ~$1000 for 4 tires mounted, balanced, TPS re-sealed and free rotations (Includes $100 online rebate offer)

MUCH THANKS to the accurate and clear recommendations from members of this forum!

Can't wait to try them off-road in a couple weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_0716.JPG
    IMG_0716.JPG
    834.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0727.JPG
    IMG_0727.JPG
    850.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_0720_2.JPG
    IMG_0720_2.JPG
    887 KB · Views: 50

manbehindbeard

Reaction score
This may be a pointless question to ask, but is 265/65/18 the biggest size I can run without the rod mod?

Mack73

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This may be a pointless question to ask, but is 265/65/18 the biggest size I can run without the rod mod?

Since I just put those on Sunday - it fits without a rod mod, but it will rub a little bit in normal and access mode.

Locations:
1. This will rub in normal mode when turning hard to the right. Driver's side front fender liner in front of the wheel. Just trim a little bit after the tire marks where it rubs. No big deal, after the trim it matches the profile of the passenger side

2. Just barely kisses the body mount at the rear of the front wheel opening. This only rubs at access height, and just barely - after a couple thousand miles you should be fine. Anyone running 32" tires get a rub there when offroad???

3. The bump at the front of the rear wheel opening. This bump is for a pinch seam for the body. Tons of threads on how to take off the liner, bend the seam and remold the liner to get rid of the bump. This will only rub when off road, or when hitting large bumps in access mode.

Only required mod is to cut a little off the liner in the driver's front fender, the rest I wouldn't worry about too much.

Normal Height
IMG_7922.jpg

Off Road Height
IMG_7926.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4