Rear Door Subwoofers Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dcreekmore

Reaction score
I have a 2000 disco II and the two rear door subwoofers are shot. I know this topic has been mildly discussed, but I have not been able to find clear answers on what and if they can be replaced with aftermarket subwoofers. I would like to simply pull out the old speakers, repalce them with aftermarket and install them exactly like the factory subs were installed. Is this possible? Does anyone know the specifications on the subwoofers? (OHM, Watts, anything else?) I pulled out the factory subs, but there is not anything written on them. If it matters? I have the orginal factory harmon kardon system in my vehicle. Any input is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Wish I could help, but I don't mess with radio's or speakers in automobiles. I hope someone on here will reply with an answer.

Other wise you can always contact the local junk yard and see if the have a rover in stock with possible good speakers.

ntran0187

Reaction score
Go to Best Buy or any local electronics store that sell car stereo stuff and they will have a book that has makes and models of different vehicles that specifies size, watts, etc… My subwoofers blew out too!

01DiscoJohn

Reaction score
I've been in auto restoration a few decades and have foound lately E-bay to be a great source for factory "gently" used parts but ask questions insuring you are not buying something no better than what you have. There are also a few dismantalers of Rovers you can find using Dogpile.com. Hope it helps. At least with a factory replacement you will know the impedance of the speakers will match the factory amp output.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99