Rear Drive Shaft Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salanizi

Reaction score
Hello

I was wondering if my 2015 model needs a new drive shaft. There is some 1" play in the drive shaft (i think due to loose bearing rubber) - is that normal or should it be very tight with no play?

Currently there are no noises nor any driveline vibration.

Also, I believe the part number is

LR037027( with lo gear)​

Which brand is best (from lrdirect) britpart / hardy spicer / gkn / bearmach?

Cheers

Last edited:

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced mine with GKN. No complaints.

One inch of play is subjective. It depends how much force you are putting on the carrier bearing to cause deflection.. that being said, I am not sure if the deflection force is written anywhere. If you have no drive line noise; and it isn't dropping into the rubber significantly, I wouldn't replace it

avslash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's on a lift getting one installed right now. Factory bearing p o o p ed the bed to where I could deflect it by hand by an inch or more.

I can report back, but holding it in my hand it seems like a well made part.

-

agcapes

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm also wondering whether to go with the JXB center bearing for $250 or pay the ~$1800 for a new drive shaft fitted. OEM driveshaft not available until March so only available one seems expensive. Any opinions on how the JXB replacement center bearing performs? Thanks, Andy

agcapes

Reaction score
Thanks, I think I'll go for it and save my money for other fixes. it looks simple enough for me to install with limited mechanical skills.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnoA