Rear spare tire carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, one question I forgot which you may have an answer to: is it feasible to take the rear bar, and especially the aux tank, down after returning to ordinary life following an expedition and replace it back with the OEM bumper? How labour-intensive would that be and would the various fastenings and mountings survive such repeated procedure(s)? With the bar, it's only a matter of my wife's esthetic views:), but I'm no sure if my local technical inspection will permit the tank permanently...

RobRover88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G'day navigare, Tell your wife to get over it!! Once these are installed they're for life as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure what mods were made to the OE spare location to install the tank but I doubt the spare would simply be feasible there again after removing the tank.
As the rear steel bar adds so much more protection nobody would seriously consider replacing it with OE plastic. The job to remove all the gear would be considerable. I'd buy a second D4 for my wife .
I don't know what EU country you live in, but the tank meets all of our Federal & state rules. Also they
fit them to Nth. American vehicles so obviously they can meet all relevant rules there.
Mine is a much better vehicle for day-to-day running with the gear in place than it was previously. No
range anxiety, can buy diesel when it's cheaper then run for weeks and easier to replace a flat - better for an old guy like me with a bad back!

navigare

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks plenty, @RobRover88, all duly taken note of! I only wish I had the spare cash to buy missus another LR4! Although they are getting old, so maybe soon enough I will, who knows. Sorry to hear about your back, though, but I hope the air suspension is making your life bearable there:). I'm about to process all the info I've got now and then will move on to execution stage. Oh, and I'm in Belgium, by the way:).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV