Rear tire carrier, under body armour, etc...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

josh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one more note on the "control rod" - you can see it barely in the photo that I attached previously. The photo that shows the tire in the "open" mode - there is a small rod that is barely noticeable parallel to the rear bumper. When you unlatch and open, it acts to slowly push the tire/carrier out. If you were parked at a right tilt, this could go faster and put undue force, potentially breaking it according to some other notes I've seen.

I would imagine that most LR owners would naturally open this in the same manner that I do with at least some care, and thus it is absolutely no problem in my eye.

-Josh

Rasta4x4USA

Reaction score
Josh,

The problem with the latch that would break when swinged open has been fixed. There was a previous problem when opening the swaing away while on a hill, it would sometimes snap. We have re-designed a new latch that has been tested and does not snap and also replaced it with the old ones.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635