Red Plastic Plug for hitch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

p-dawger

Reaction score
I see some LR4's with a red plastic plug in the hitch receptacle and other that don't...what is this and what is it for?

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing they just put the red plug in there either to keep mud out and/or to let owners know where the real hitch should go.

Otherwise I see no purpose.

Rob

Land Rover Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is true: it is just a cover for the trailer hitch, to protect the frame from more water, mud, and salt. Be careful as it falls out easily! It looks a bit silly, when noticed, but I do keep mine in to help prevent salt, sand, mud, and other pleasantries from getting in the receptacle for the hitch. If I am not towing, I do not have the tow hitch installed, but simply carry it with me.

Land Rover Joe

p-dawger

Reaction score
This is true: it is just a cover for the trailer hitch, to protect the frame from more water, mud, and salt. Be careful as it falls out easily! It looks a bit silly, when noticed, but I do keep mine in to help prevent salt, sand, mud, and other pleasantries from getting in the receptacle for the hitch. If I am not towing, I do not have the tow hitch installed, but simply carry it with me.

Land Rover Joe

Anyone got a partnumber? Yes mine is missing....

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine was missing but i called the dealer and they took one off another LR and gave it to me. That was only a few days after getting the truck however.

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I forgot to look for mine last night. If I find it, I can grab the number off of it.

It can't be that much to purchase, but I can honestly tell you I will most likely never use mine again. I could send it to you if you pay the shipping.

Rob

p-dawger

Reaction score
I forgot to look for mine last night. If I find it, I can grab the number off of it.

It can't be that much to purchase, but I can honestly tell you I will most likely never use mine again. I could send it to you if you pay the shipping.

Rob

That would be great and I can surely pay the shipping. Sending you a PM

crewcabrob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got your PM. I will send it out to you. I snapped a picture of it at lunch today:

CIMG0005-1.jpg

I'll let you know as soon as I get it packaged up and sent.

Rob

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635