Need Part Numbers Please - Differential Drain Plug and Transmission Heat Shield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txfromwi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2013 & 2015 Houston TX. 2016 Rochester NY
Thanks!!

On my 2013 LR4:

Front Differential Drain Plug
There are 2 different plugs depending on the differential serial number, which then tracks to the VIN number
I have the Drain Plug Part Number for my actual VIN : that's the square 3/8" driver Part Number TYB5000110 - per Rover
I would like (for completeness) the part number for the drain plug that has the 8mm hex driver
I believe it to be TYB500080 - but I cannot prove it.

On the transmission - mine does not have a heat shield - (we bought it new) - and per Rover there is no transmission heat shield for the 2013
- but they have part numbers for the heat shield bracket and the heat shield bracket bolts for the 2013
- and the heat shield IS shown in the mechanics manual - keeping in mind the manual is technically 2009-2012
Is a heat shield from other model years going to fit? Which model year? And what is the part number?

Jimmy Brooks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!!

On my 2013 LR4:

Front Differential Drain Plug
There are 2 different plugs depending on the differential serial number, which then tracks to the VIN number
I have the Drain Plug Part Number for my actual VIN : that's the square 3/8" driver Part Number TYB5000110 - per Rover
I would like (for completeness) the part number for the drain plug that has the 8mm hex driver
I believe it to be TYB500080 - but I cannot prove it.

On the transmission - mine does not have a heat shield - (we bought it new) - and per Rover there is no transmission heat shield for the 2013
- but they have part numbers for the heat shield bracket and the heat shield bracket bolts for the 2013
- and the heat shield IS shown in the mechanics manual - keeping in mind the manual is technically 2009-2012
Is a heat shield from other model years going to fit? Which model year? And what is the part number?

I think the heat shields only came on the LR3 Zf6 transmissions, I remember coming across this same thing in the workshop manual and researching it because mine too did not have a heat shield. I don't think any LR4's came with a transmission heat shield.

Rover Range

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never seen an LR4 diff drain plug with the allen head.
Transfer cases have the allen type plugs.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72