Reversing Camera Tram Line Overlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you must have vision assist package (aka surround camera system) to have the moving/active lines.

what most people don't realize is that it's more then just moving lines. The whole view is digitally processed and corrected when you have the surround camera system instead of giving you analog fish eye wide angle view where straight lines speared to be all curved.

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never knew that - thanks! That's pretty cool, and the picture and tram lines are great. Is the image processing the reason there is such a long lag between the time you shift into reverse and the time the image pops up on the screen? Takes much, much longer than our old Prius.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never knew that - thanks! That's pretty cool, and the picture and tram lines are great. Is the image processing the reason there is such a long lag between the time you shift into reverse and the time the image pops up on the screen? Takes much, much longer than our old Prius.

Yeah, I noticed the lag and it is much longer than any car I've owned. I thought the couple second lag was there to force you to look backwards and check your surroundings before relying only on the rear view camera. It makes sense however that the lag is due to the processing of the image. I wonder if vehicles without vision assist have the lag also.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed the lag and it is much longer than any car I've owned. I thought the couple second lag was there to force you to look backwards and check your surroundings before relying only on the rear view camera. It makes sense however that the lag is due to the processing of the image. I wonder if vehicles without vision assist have the lag also.
Hey George,

I have the HSE without the vision assist and my camera works really quickly. It must be the processing that is taking a while. Hope all is well.

-David

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It must be the technical limitation of switching on the video processing system. However, once rear view is switched on, the image is not delayed at all. It's real time of course. if you saw your little ones jumping into the rear of car, the image better be real time not from 2 seconds earlier!

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently experienced the surround camera system infinity has in its new vehicles. Amazing! It stitches images from several cameras and gives you a real time birds eye view of the vehicle. Truly amazing!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey George,

I really liked the Infiniti QX56, it was a really cool SUV. Would you consider it?

-David

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey George,

I really liked the Infiniti QX56, it was a really cool SUV. Would you consider it?

-David

Yes Absolutely. I think it looks very nice, but the wife has her mind set on a GL. When the lease on my van runs out, I think it would be a GL.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes Absolutely. I think it looks very nice, but the wife has her mind set on a GL. When the lease on my van runs out, I think it would be a GL.
I actually much prefer the QX to the GL - for some reason I do not like the look of the GL or the R, especially the latter. It's ugly! I think the newer GLs are better looking in some ways, but they need a bit of refreshing. I think the QX is a lot more for your money than the GL, but you can't go wrong with either.

If I were you, I'd tell your wife it's your decision and she will drive what you get. HA HA HA!!! :)

My family still loves the G, but it's just too damn small for us.

-David

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PS...

Just took a closer look at the GL and I do like it in black - fully loaded it's a nice looking cabin! So, maybe I side with your wife! ;-)

Hmmmm..... I guess the previous look of the GL (with that ugly black plastic bumper in the back) did not catch my attention, but I do like the 2012 version.

I'll be really curious to hear more about it. I love my LR4, but I am keeping my options open for when I get a new SUV in about 1.5-2 years.... likely will stick with Land Rover, but may go back to Mercedes (even the GL is an option).

-David

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99