Reversing Camera Tram Line Overlay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChicagoSammo

Reaction score
Afternoon All,

I've got a LR4 HSE Lux (without the surround camera) to demo for the next 2 days and I have a question on the reversing camera tram line overlay.
When I last drove a Range Rover with this feature the tramlines would arc in relation to the steering wheel input which allowed you to see exactly where your vehicle would be going.
On the LR4 that I have the tram lines are passive and do not move.
Is this because I do not have the surround camera option (I am just talking about the rear view) or is this the same regardless of the surround camera option and it is just because the system is slightly downgraded from the Range Rover?
Or is this because there is an issue with the system?
I hope that this question makes sense, it's not a big issue and certainly not a deal breaker but I am curious.
Cheers,

Paul

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Paul,

This is a good question. I have an HSE, but I drove a Lux for a few days (fully loaded) and the tramlines were passive and did NOT move as you backed up. I think it's a slightly downgraded system than the Range Rover and not a camera issue.

-David

TangoRed

Reaction score
They should move if you have the surround camera system and the tow assist goodies.

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Afternoon All,

I've got a LR4 HSE Lux (without the surround camera) to demo for the next 2 days and I have a question on the reversing camera tram line overlay.
When I last drove a Range Rover with this feature the tramlines would arc in relation to the steering wheel input which allowed you to see exactly where your vehicle would be going.
On the LR4 that I have the tram lines are passive and do not move.
Is this because I do not have the surround camera option (I am just talking about the rear view) or is this the same regardless of the surround camera option and it is just because the system is slightly downgraded from the Range Rover?
Or is this because there is an issue with the system?
I hope that this question makes sense, it's not a big issue and certainly not a deal breaker but I am curious.
Cheers,

Paul

I have lux with vision assist and the lines are active.

Last edited:

ChicagoSammo

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your responses.
I don't need the benefits of the surround camera package or the vision assist so I can't really justify the extra cost just to have the "nice to have" active lines.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is intersting! I wonder if the 2010 Lux version I drove for 2 days (loaner) had an issue with the active back-up lines? They definitely did not move - which surprised me!

grizzld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Land Rover's website, under the "Explore" tab, the exterior features section definitely shows a picture of the back up camera with the lines arced. It's listed as a feature for the HSE and LUX.

optoly_us_l319_n-086fa.jpg

Parking Aid - Rear view camera

Part of HSE Package / Part of HSE LUX Package

mateored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Lux with Vision Assist Package and the lines are active. Maybe it's only included with the VAP? It's a great feature and should be included with all of the trucks that have the rear camera, since it doesn't really cost them anything to add it. What would be the point of passive lines?

baobay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Paul,

This is a good question. I have an HSE, but I drove a Lux for a few days (fully loaded) and the tramlines were passive and did NOT move as you backed up. I think it's a slightly downgraded system than the Range Rover and not a camera issue.

-David

This is intersting! I wonder if the 2010 Lux version I drove for 2 days (loaner) had an issue with the active back-up lines? They definitely did not move - which surprised me!

Hi David,
The 2010 loaner may not have had vision asist. I think the active tram lines are part of the vision assist package or so it seems from the responses here.
Take care,
George

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72