Rod-Mod Wear and Tear Update?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man...I just can't wrap my head around $1400.00 sliders! I have a complete mental block about forking that kind of cash out for an "accessory". I've just learned to take creative lines, occasional stacking or the rare bypass option. Sometimes I've just had to bang my way over things. Last year, someone mentioned to me that my door panel actually bowed out as I dropped the rig over a rock drop off. It'll rub out :biggrin: If the economy picks up for me, they're definitely on the hit list. Why did I pick Commercial Construction as an occupation!!! Doh!!!!

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
'squatch, I don't want to give the impression that money is no object. I understand...it took me a long time to finally pull the trigger on those damn sliders. ...but they sure do present a ton of peace of mind!

I wish I hadn't wasted time and money re-enforcing my running boards! That's $1200 of the slider cost right there!

Ohhhh.....that makes me sick!

duckdive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, and if you wheel in So Cal those sliders are more of a necessity than an accessory.

blackforestham

Full Access Member
Reaction score
NorCal is pretty much the same boat. Driving over medicine balls all day. I figure, if I can pick my way through Deer Valley / Blue Lakes / Slickrock Trails without damage or sliders, I'm doing OK for a city slicker. Much more than those trails and your rig will be toast anyways!

thorgal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well,I took a different approach to the problem with accessorizing a overpriced items for my LR3 .When i purchased mine i did not know much about extended warranties nor this forum or search engines for that matter...so when question a dealers in my area, regarding purchasing one,he quoted me 4900 for two extra years or til 74000 miles( note the 74000 not 75000 , when expansive service happens..).I was at 49000 miles at that time and just got scared by the price.Since i did not know better, I took some risk and put aside 4000 in case of emergency. 80000 miles passed by and two years later , nothing really expansive really happened,well except front lower control arms,but this was done at local indy shop for a reasonable price ,throttle body,installed myself(part was 220 with coupon at dealers) and famous passenger footwell leaks which i fixed by myself , after two failed attempts from stealer's side.So...with ALL THAT MONEY LEFT I treated myself with sliders opt.2 slims and foultmate msv 2.:stupid:

NeilP

Reaction score
USD4900 for 24 more months of warranty is a huge premium. I've just taken
a 36 month / 100,000mile( max ) extended warranty for USD2100 , although
I've heard that they're about to ditch LR cover since the claims are too much .......
With the plummeting Euro , now's a good time to buy BBS Faultmate code clearers

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM