Roof rack/platform for long factory tracks...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

archit3kt

Reaction score
Hey all. Was hoping I could get some input on a roof rack/platform for my MY15 LR4 w/ long factory tracks. As far as I've been able to find, the only out of the box, no drilling required rack/platform system that would accompany the long factory tracks is the Rhino Rack Pioneer:

http://www.rackoutfitters.com/rhino...r-land-rover-lr4-w-long-factory-tracks-05-16/

I do like how you can take it on and off with the quick dismount legs, the modular capability, and the overall looks and low-profile. I just want to make sure I've haven't overlooked any other brands.

Do any of you know of any alternatives to this rack before I commit to my order? I've looked into the Front Runners, Eezi Awn, etc and they all seem to be bolted right to the roof, or only accommodate the short factory tracks.

Any input is appreciated! Thanks!

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are you looking for? requirements?

Easy on off? implying light weight, low load limit?

The racks that bolt directly to the roof have the advantage of not going through the mounts and rails which are not rated for the same types of loads that some of the heavy duty racks can handle.

archit3kt

Reaction score
What are you looking for? requirements?

Easy on off? implying light weight, low load limit?

The racks that bolt directly to the roof have the advantage of not going through the mounts and rails which are not rated for the same types of loads that some of the heavy duty racks can handle.

The easy on/off is a huge appeal to me, which is why I'm mostly interested in something that can utilize the factory long tracks. As for load requirements, it would be mostly 2-3 day camping equipment and overflow from the cargo space with the 3rd row down. So perhaps a couple tents, canopy (which I'm also looking into the Foxwing/Sunseeker awnings), folding table(s), maybe a couple Jerry cans (fuel/water), and shovel/rake for site prep.

jettore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im going front runner route(probably the 3/4 and just leaving it on). I dont have factory rails but if I did I still think I would go this way anyway and sell the rails. It's low profile and wont add much additional height and I think the 3/4 will give me plenty of additional storage. Same use case you listed, camping gear a few times a year plus vacation overflow.

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about a thule cargo box as an option for relative easy on/off for rails? Would be easier than a traditional rack I think.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9