roof rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to get your shovel dirty, or at least take off the sticker!!

jeffdude

Reaction score
Those were taken the day the mounts were put on. I have since taken the sticker off and the shovel has a nice layer of rust on it after use. the axe as well:)

I do with there was a non obtrusive way to "lock" the devices to the roof. the axe is on to the point you need a screwdriver to break the "nut" loose while the shovel is easily taken off.

epiclr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are looking to just do Thule crossbars I have the mounts necessary to use the Thule Aerobars. Had them on mine and you couldn't even tell they were there while going down the highway. Look for my threads and you should see pictures. If you need me to post some up I will.

Have the mounts listed in the sale section. Granted it was from over a year ago. Still need to get rid of them and will let them go for a good price vs what I paid.

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Baja Rack which I really like, but I also really like the Prospeed from the one I have seen in person. The Prospeed is very well built and sleek, but the Baja allows for a few more mounts (I think) and has the built in jerry can holders that I use a lot. I've also had Voyager and Urban Offroad rachs in the past; as a half rack and full rack. I often have to touch up my rack because it gets scraped up on trails by some tree branches and brush. The one thing I like about the Baja is that it is very quiet, compared to the jet engine that was the Urban Offroad.

Last edited:

Shredahead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Baja Rack which I really like, but I also really like the Prospeed from the one I have seen in person. The Prospeed is very well built and sleek, but the Baja allows for a few more mounts (I think) and has the built in jerry can holders that I use a lot. I've also had Voyager and Urban Offroad rachs in the past; as a half rack and full rack. I often have to touch up my rack because it gets scraped up on trails by some tree branches and brush. The one thing I like about the Baja is that it is very quiet, compared to the jet engine that was the Urban Offroad.

Hey Finlay, quick couple questions for you? Was there something about the Voyager Rack you didn't like? I've been emailed them and close to pulling the trigger on their low profile rack. Does either the Baja or Voyager mount closer to the roof? I've got some clearance issue on my house garage and worry the Baja would be super close and pretty sure the Voyager low profile would fit. Thanks!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Finlay, quick couple questions for you? Was there something about the Voyager Rack you didn't like? I've been emailed them and close to pulling the trigger on their low profile rack. Does either the Baja or Voyager mount closer to the roof? I've got some clearance issue on my house garage and worry the Baja would be super close and pretty sure the Voyager low profile would fit. Thanks!
Hello Shredahead,

The Voyager rack was fine, but I needed more usable space on the side rails and something with more height. Their low profile rack is definitely lower than the Baja Rack, as that tends to be pretty high. I think I measured once and it's 7" or 8" in certain areas. I actually think the Voyager mounted closer to the actual roof, but that's probably because I mounted directly to the roof because I did not have the full-length rails when I had the Voyager. If you have an issue with clearance in your garage, then the Voyager is probably the better choice. Let me know if you have any other questions and I am happy to take exact measurements if you need. Thanks!

Shredahead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Finlay, appreciate the help. Sounds like the voyager mounted direct to the roof is my best bet. Thanks for the offer to measure. I think I've got it. And if I end up not getting the LR in the garage, it can live outside. My last two suburban and a Tahoe never got inside anyway. You sure have a seriously sorted out LR there. That thing is bad ass!

Finlayforprez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Finlay, appreciate the help. Sounds like the voyager mounted direct to the roof is my best bet. Thanks for the offer to measure. I think I've got it. And if I end up not getting the LR in the garage, it can live outside. My last two suburban and a Tahoe never got inside anyway. You sure have a seriously sorted out LR there. That thing is bad ass!
You are very welcome!

Let me know if you have any further questions and thank you for your kind words about my rover.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72