roof rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ncburch22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look into Voyanger racks as well. As for ProSpeed, are you guys ordering from their U.K. site? How is international shipping? I like their control arm guards. $214 shipped international for front/rear isn't too bad IMO. The Asfir4x4 guards ship from AZ and cost $180 for shipping to the south. A little ridiculous if you ask me.

Last edited:

sewhelan9

Reaction score
I'm looking at going with the Prospeed rack as well, but need to convert my 2016 LR4 Landmark from the long rails to the short rails. For those who have done it, what is the best way to do this conversion? I asked the guys at Atlantic British, and they could not confirm whether or not their short rail kit would work for the conversion. Thanks!

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the conversion, shouldn't be an issue. When you remove the long rails you'll just have some exposed trench area up front that is normally covered by molding (on trucks without the rails). There is no problem leaving this exposed to the elements and it looks like it will be concealed by the extended front of your ProSpeed rack.

If you want to fill in the ditch, perhaps someone here who is installing a rack will have some discarding body molding to pass your way.

Land Cruiser

Reaction score
Yes, straightforward bolt on, looks like 20 minutes or less. I do not have the rack, but I emailed Prospeed directly for the installation instructions. I previously purchased the Prospeed ladder from Lucky8 and the mounting instructions were not included.

Instructions for the rack install are attached...

Attachments

• V.2 Discovery 3 & 4 roof rack instructions.pdf
    472.4 KB · Views: 73

XLR8TOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at going with the Prospeed rack as well, but need to convert my 2016 LR4 Landmark from the long rails to the short rails. For those who have done it, what is the best way to do this conversion? I asked the guys at Atlantic British, and they could not confirm whether or not their short rail kit would work for the conversion. Thanks!

I didn't have any issues with the swap on my 2014. It was a bit difficult to get the long rails removed due to the cap on the front -- it took quite a bit of effort to get them off. Once that's done it's as simple as removing the long rails and replacing with the short.

XLR8TOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. Just ordered mine from lucky8. So is this rack as simple as securing it into the short rails?

Did you get an ETA on your rack -- I've been waiting on mine a couple of months now. Lucky8 has been good to work with, just really slow.

iSurfvilano

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get an ETA on your rack -- I've been waiting on mine a couple of months now. Lucky8 has been good to work with, just really slow.

I'm being told the shipment will be in by end of September, possibly earlier due to the lengthy customs process and the size of the order they placed. Good news is that they also ordered a bunch of extra accessories so if you didn't order any there will be some available without having to have them shipped from the UK again.

XLR8TOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks @iSurfvilano I ordered the floors directly from ProSpeed but nothing else so I'm glad to hear Lucky8 ordered some of the other accessories. Too bad it's taken so long for the racks to come in...I could have used them this summer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
A562NV