roof rack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XLR8TOR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
XLR8TOR - do you recall what Lucky8 charged you for shipping? I couldn't get anyone on the phone and the website won't give you a shipping quote in the cart. Since I don't live far from you, I figured the shipping would be about the same. I also sent you a PM.

@Red Lightning - I ordered the roof rack, Proud Rhino rails, ladder, and front guard all from Lucky8 and they shipped for free...I never got a shipping quote from them.

Red Lightning

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Red Lightning - I ordered the roof rack, Proud Rhino rails, ladder, and front guard all from Lucky8 and they shipped for free...I never got a shipping quote from them.

XLR8TOR - Thanks for that. I've asked this question on another thread and I'm curious about your thoughts - was the ladder a worthwhile purchase? Meaning, do you actually use it enough that you're glad you bought it?

SteveLK8Parts

Reaction score
If anybody has any questions feel free to email me or call 716 898 8153 Ext 101 leave a voicemail if I dont answer and I Will Call Back [email protected]

We currently have a handful of racks available and all accessories that Prospeed has i stock can be received 2-3 weeks later if we do not have them at the time... For freight Quotes I would need the full shipping address commercial or residential.

Thanks
Steve

MDJ2015

Reaction score
My prospeed rack was just delivered (along with many other parts...). Will be putting it on over the next few days.

For those with the prospeed, what accessories have you attached from any source (ie wheel mount, jerry can mounts, lights)? I'm assuming there are alternatives to those provided by prospeed.

Shredahead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anybody has any questions feel free to email me or call 716 898 8153 Ext 101 leave a voicemail if I dont answer and I Will Call Back [email protected]

We currently have a handful of racks available and all accessories that Prospeed has i stock can be received 2-3 weeks later if we do not have them at the time... For freight Quotes I would need the full shipping address commercial or residential.

Thanks
Steve
Quick question Steve, for the Prospeed rack, do you need factory roof rails? Do you have a source for those or know if the cheap flea bay ones are any good?

MDJ2015

Reaction score
For the Prospees you need the short rails. I bought mine from Atlantic British as they have a kit with all the hardware (which doesn’t come with some on eBay).

SteveLK8Parts

Reaction score
Quick question Steve, for the Prospeed rack, do you need factory roof rails? Do you have a source for those or know if the cheap flea bay ones are any good?

Some people have had success with sourcing used ones and such on ebay but it essentially is a crap shoot ... I usually keep at least 1 set of short rails in stock and when Buying a rack I can get everyone the Genuine short rails with hardware currently for $330 including free ground shipping.

SteveLK8Parts

Reaction score
For the Prospees you need the short rails. I bought mine from Atlantic British as they have a kit with all the hardware (which doesn’t come with some on eBay).

AB is a great company but sometimes can be a little pricy, our retail on the Genuine short rails is $360 with free shipping currently and the Gentleman at AB currently is $379.95 plus shipping... Also if someone is combining with the rack I will usually give them a deal on these.

Edward2595

Reaction score
How are the prospeed racks holding up - rust issues?

I'm considering one of these or going with the Rhino rack with the backbone mount and their expensive fairing.

harbinger808

Reaction score
How are the prospeed racks holding up - rust issues?

I'm considering one of these or going with the Rhino rack with the backbone mount and their expensive fairing.
4 years so far and no rust issues on ours here in PHX AZ

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Izanagi