Rotors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deeb

Reaction score
can the rotors on my disco 1 be removed and resurfaced? if i pull them off can i got at them with a sander to take the rust and crap off? or do they need to be replaced all together.

im getting a hard pulsating when i have any pressure under my foot when i have any pressure on the brake.

thanks
chad

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Hard pulse under braking is a warped rotor.. and I would not advise having your Rover Rotors turned, buy new ones.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Chad,
How many miles on the rotors, are you brakes pulsating on hard stops? For the most part, because of the alloy used in our rotors, they are too thin and soft to be resurfaced. If you want to sand off any built up glaze, that can be done but other wise leave them alone.
By the way, is your's a D1 or D2? D1's need to have the bearings cleaned/repacked/or replaced as needed when replacing the rotors.
Who were you going to buy your pads and or rotors from?

deeb

Reaction score
Chad,
How many miles on the rotors, are you brakes pulsating on hard stops? For the most part, because of the alloy used in our rotors, they are too thin and soft to be resurfaced. If you want to sand off any built up glaze, that can be done but other wise leave them alone.
By the way, is your's a D1 or D2? D1's need to have the bearings cleaned/repacked/or replaced as needed when replacing the rotors.
Who were you going to buy your pads and or rotors from?

Thanks for the reply mike,

i just got the truck (98 Disco) and it has 74K on it. i can do nothing but assume the rotors have 74k on them. i've been doing a lot of work to the truck ( it was a do-it-yourself-er) and i took it out for its maiden voyage and felt a constant pulse under the brake pedal and the brakes werent working very well at all.

i got rotors and pads from napa. i now have the front two wheels torn down and waiting on that huge socket to pull that lock nut off. i have been comfortable with everything so far, but im not sure what to do with the bearings...

also, when it comes to putting everything back together the repair manual refers to some steps i need to take to make sure the ABS is all set. no idea about that either.

any elaboration/advice would be great

thanks guys
chad

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99