Rover rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like keeping a list of broken crap on their LR is a full time job?
My fog lights don't work, cruise control doesn't work, I have a suspension fault, and woke up to it sitting very low, the doors don't lock all the time, and who knows what will go wrong next? :ahhhhh::argh:

I mean, I knew it wouldn't be as reliable as a Jeep...but come on! Don't get me wrong, I love the ride, the handling, and the comfort....when it works.

Rant over. :mad:

Geotrash

Reaction score
And yet I've had zero problems with mine (knock on wood).

tommithy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you are having troubles. I don't think it's typical. Our 05 had teething issues being new software but updates fixed most of the problems we had. The other problems we had were covered under TSB's and recalls.

StevenJ_AK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right there with ya brother!!!

current list-
Transmission Fault
Hood swears its open alllll the time, therefor cant lock it or my alarm goes off and says "hey im right here, steal me"
Airbag cover on the steering wheel just feels like it has to peel up
Not to mention how wore out the crappy leather on the stearing wheel is, i guess 46,000 miles is tooooo long for it to hold up

and on top of that.....huge crack in my windshield this morning...but it doesnt affect the heating elements because only half of them worked before!

But i wont lie....I love mine still

Steve

JackMac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excessive washing may lead to premature electrical failure ;)

My current list includes a slightly low right front corner (need to recalibrate height sensor) and one sticking door lock. Been successfully ignoring both for a while now :)

e24kgold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problems with mine!...Suspension fault is prob. a bad compressor like we told you in a prior thread. Have you had it checked out yet? Everyone must realize you will replace the compressor at some point in time. Did mine twice under warranty in 96,000 miles. As for the fog lights and cruise control why dont you bring it in and get it resolved instead of ranting.

dry_fly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my share of electrical gremlins with the christmas tree faults too. I've had a few Rovers, and I associate the experience of owning a land rover to having a child with special needs. no matter the challenges and frustrations; you still love it unconditionally.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I associate it with having a really smokin' hot girlfriend who happens to be high-maintenance. She might be a pain in the ass, but worth it for the performance.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think it's pretty obvious I'm with you. I've had multiple issues with mine lately. Just when I think all the bugs are out of it, I get a check engine light. Just a broken temperature guage, but it's another $180 (with extended warranty) and a half-day at the dealership.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99