RRS SC Brake Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alexlr4

Reaction score
Thanks for the input and advice Michael...
I did compress the pistons as much as possible but I really couldn’t fit it without brute force..

I based myself on the OP write up, but I have a feeling that the disc is different between the LR4 and RRS?

Maybe I missed something when OP went through the whole process...the only thing I didn’t follow through with is the Britpart brake LK8? Couldn’t find anything on that....is it possible that those brackets are slimmer and need to be replaced on the calipers in order to for them on the LR4?

I basically took the whole calipers with OEM brake pads and brackets as they were from a RRS and tried to fit it directly on my LR4... I’m i doing something wrong?

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was doing research for our brake caliper swap, I came across an article that discussed differences in calipers--especially if you were searching on ebay.

The front disc is exactly the same between The LR4 and RRS.

Here is my thread:
BREMBO Calipers and SS Brake Lines | Land Rover and Range Rover Forums
https://www.landroverworld.org/threads/brembo-calipers-and-ss-brake-lines.40362/

If you don't want to read through it, here is my part list:
06-09 RRS supercharged calipers
- 06-09 RRS front, brake wear sensor (SEM500090)
- EBC brake rotors and pads kit from lucky8 (06-09 RRS 4.2L supercharged) ---- https://www.lucky8llc.com/collection...-ebc-brake-kit
- LR4 rear brake sensor (SOE000025)
- beck and arnley front brake hardware (084-1810)
- britpart stainless brake line kit (bought from lucky8 via ebay)
- new caliper mounting bolts (VX68D8)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM