Seafoam Usage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTDisco

Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I have read some past threads regarding the usage of SEAFOAM and the benefits from it, but I'm wondering if anyone has had codes tripped from using it. I am relocating to CA in 2 weeks from WA and would like to try some SEAFOAM but don't want to take a chance this far out in the month in case I would have to spend some $ for repairs. I have a 96 Disco with 183,000 miles on it and haven't had any serious problems engine wise. I'll be hauling a small Uhaul trailer close to 1,000 miles as I head to CA. Would you recommend some seafoam? Do the O2 sensors act up? By the way, I would like to see if a helicopter circles my house from the black smoke after it's all said and done! Thanks for your input.........:hello:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I have never seen it cause a code to come on.

dcreekmore

Reaction score
That is a good question. I have wondered that myself. I have read a lot about doing this on this forum and others. I have not heard any bad things about using Seafoam. I also do not have any current issues, but figure I will need to use Seafoam some point in the near future. I guess the question should be asked "if this is good to do as a preventative measure on higher mileage vehicles?"

GTDisco

Reaction score
Yes, I do want to keep this truck on the road. I don´t have a reason not to do it at this point. I´ll try to take some pics of all the smoke!

Brownie92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seafoam lights

When I did the seafoam treatment it caused the service light to come on. However it reset itself after a day or so. At that time I did not have a code reader so I'm not sure what code it threw. I am sure it was because I poured it in too fast. During the pour the truck stalled and almost died. It was because I was putting it in too fast. I'm sure the code was a misfire. But the moral of the story is that it cleared itself after several start cycles. Your right the EPA will come to investigate you smoke cloud. BTW the smoke is more gray than black, but it is huge.

Last edited:

GTDisco

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback on this, I'm determined to do it this weekend.....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635