Second Row Sun-shade.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnarchyAnt

Reaction score
My 2016 HSE has the exact same issue with the second row. I usually just leave it open (no one is ever in the back seat to really care) and if I do need it fixed I will probably just rig it myself.

MRAVL

Reaction score
Just bought LR4 2016 and same issue with 2nd and 3rd row sunshade. Called this to the attention of our contact and he acknowledged that this was an identified issue affecting others as well. The first row has a rock-solid mechanism:
LR2016 First row.jpg

The second and third rows have the following:
LR2016 Second&Third row.jpg

It's like the 2nd and 3rd row are missing a part for the shade to clip into. We brought in the vehicle and supposedly it was fixed. Even after being "fixed" it did not latch well and and now opens freely with weak latch. We are disappointed. Grease marks on roof too. If anybody has obtained a long-standing fix please post. Thanks.

Sheepmesa

Reaction score
The shade latch problem in the second row of my 2016 LR4 was fixed after two attempts, but the unlock button seems more sensitive than the one in the first row. Nonetheless, the shade no longer snaps open in normal driving, driving over bumps or uneven terrain, or when slamming the doors. The third row shade latch was fixed on the first attempt and seems normal. The tech managed to put smudge marks on the ceiling. I brought this to the attention of the service manager and they cleaned it immediately and it looks like new. Smudges, scuffs and scratches seem to be a chronic problem. In fact, a few years ago the dealership managed to crash another vehicle into my 2011 LR4 when it was in the body shop to repaint the rear fenders and 7 weeks ago they backed my 2016 LR4 into a front end loader while I was there doing the purchase paperwork (they replaced the bumper, but in the process managed to scratch the D pillar, which they buffed out to look like new). Unbelievable!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM