Seeking Advice on Mileage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MC36

Reaction score
Hello,

I have been lurking on this forum for a while and have learned a ton thanks to the informed minds on here. I have been a long time fan of the Defender 90 and I am thinking of picking one up soon.

There is a great example of one that is in my backyard that I am thinking about. I am having a PPI and compression test done on the truck just to be safe but the one issue that I have found from searching here is that the ODO tends to fail. The owner is the 3rd or 4th owner and said that the ODO did fail about 14K miles ago. It was repaired and replaced and the true miles are around 34K. I did a CARFAX report and in bold letters is states TRUE MILES UNKOWN. The current owner did not replace the ODO the previous one did. It could have been 5K miles before he replaced it, I'm not sure.

The question that I have is that since I am new to D90s, if I were to drive it for a year or so and want to sell it, how common is this issue and how much of a bath am I going to take trying to sell this to someone else? Any advice? What would you do?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635