Serpentine belt A/C bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crunchy When Wet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone done this before? I need to bypass my A/c compressor but don't know which belt to get, I need it drivable while I wait for the new compressor to show up. The current A/C compressor is screaming like a banshee and almost stalling the vehicle.

Crosbo

Reaction score
Are you sure the configuration geometry will allow you to do so? I recall when my compressor died; not only did it lock up but it caused the belt to snap and just as I pulled into my driveway, the temps shot to the red side of the dial. I was lucky. But I couldn't figure out a way to bypass the AC compressor with a smaller belt, due to the pulley configuration.

Crunchy When Wet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the v6, should have mentioned that earlier, my belt goes over the water pump then over the a/c compressor, next it goes down over the fan. So I figure with a shorter belt I could skip the a/c compressor and after the water pump the belt would be in the same configuration as it goes to the fan. If that makes any sense.

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635